Aerotank V2. New coils burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
I picked up a replacement pack of 1.8 dual coils last night for my AT v2. The first one i swapped out i refilled the tank, turned it down to 8w and had a horrible burn smell and and that lovely burning coil/dry hit flavor. Played with it for a bit, made sure everything looked good, tried it again and got an instant burn and dry hit. Tried a new coil out of the same pack with the same results. Put the old coil back in and it works fine.

Any suggestions on what to check or a way to "season" the coil? I find it difficult to believe i have multiple bad coils out of the package and thinking it might be more of an ID 10 T error. ;) The original replacement coil that came with it i swapped out and it worked fine with no issues when it was time to replace it.

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
Thanks. I tried that with the second one with the same results as the first. I will hit it with a little more juice and try again when i get home tonight. My Sigelei V5 will be waiting for me at home when i get there as my first upgrade from my ARO 1500 so i want everything to be perfect for the best upgrade experience.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
They definitely appear legit and i got them from my very trusted local shop. They look identical to the factory coils with the same logo and quality.

They should have a scratch code on the box if they are legit. Find the code and then go to the KangerTech website to have your code verified.

That's step one. :D

81916450_scaled_214x143.jpg

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
They looked perfectly legit and were identical in every way to the originals. They were also bought from a shop that is one of the most respected names in the business. I am thinking bad batch. I talked to a friend that had the same results with 1 of his that came with his tank and 3 of the 5 replacements. Bad QC? Bad luck? Something else? Not sure but i know tomorrow there will be an iclear or a nautilus sitting on top of my Sigelei instead of the Aerotank. So frustrating, i was getting ready to pull the trigger on 2 Megas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread