• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

After perusing the New Times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
Howdy all!!

After perusing the New Times this week I saw ads for 2 e-cig shops close to where I work and visited both.

On Wed, 8/16/13, I went to 'Blu Smoke shop & Gifts' on the southeast corner of McDowell and Miller (in the Peter Piper Plaza). As the name implies it's a head shop with a decent selection of e-cigs. They had a lot of disposable cigalikes (several different brands), a nice selection of Egos in different MaH and colors and I think the Evic was their high end APV. For delivery systems they had a bunch of clearomizers (mostly ce4's I think) and atty/heads for several different clearomizers. They had a nice juice selection branded by a company I didn't recognize and a nice selection of drip tips and Ego lanyards. I spent quite awhile talking with the owner (I'm bad with names and forget his, sry) who said he'd been vaping for about 4 months. Overall I was impressed with the selection seeing as how it was in a head shop.

On Thurs, 8/17/13, I went to 'Plumes Of Vapour' on the northwest corner of Hayden and Thomas. It's a vape shop. Again, I spent time talking to the owner, a cute blond girl (I really suck at names, sry) who's been a vaper for 4+ yrs. She had a nice selection of Ego's, what I think are S.I.D.'s, Evics and a few other APV's that I was familiar with by sight but can't remember offhand, vivi novas and protanks (she said she's waiting for a delivery of protank 2's) and several carto tanks. She had a nice selection of juices, mostly (maybe all, not really sure) branded by her shop and a decent selection of driptips/atty heads. What stuck out in my mind the most was that unlike most other B&M's I've visited her prices were on par with online vendors. For a small shop just getting started I was very impressed with her pricing, stock and her friendly attitude.

Jackstraw

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2012
Out West
The owner of Plumes of Vapour is Brie George. She's a member of VIP and is on our vendor list.

Nice reviews Drew! Thanks for taking time to go out to check them out and post them.

Brie is very nice. She's helpful and her prices are better than most B&M's. I got coils from her for as good a price as most on-line shops. I also wanted another evic control head and she made me a very nice deal on one.

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
The owner of Plumes of Vapour is Brie George. She's a member of VIP and is on our vendor list.

Nice reviews Drew! Thanks for taking time to go out to check them out and post them.

I asked her if she'd been to the VIP meets but as a 1 woman shop she can't close for the meets. I love having the option of locally owned businesses in general and especially in the world of vapor.

EdHarley

Aug 1, 2013
Mesa, Arizona, USA
About a month ago, I came across a little B&M in Tempe. It's called Vast Vapors and it's in a little center on the NE corner of Mill & Southern. Prices are pretty high IMO but I have very little experience with B&M vape shops. The people are very friendly and pretty helpful. There were three juice brands with a really nice selection of flavors. They also took good care of me on wick & wire and blending some juice for me (to get me to my nic level in a flavor they were short on).

Overall, it's a nice place and I've been back a couple of times. I like supporting local businesses when I can afford them. It's also nice to know that if I get in a bind for something, I have an alternative to waiting on the USPS.

I'll be looking into the two in Scottsdale. Meanwhile, I need to check out Desert Vapors. There are three pretty close to me.

Thanks for the info.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
About a month ago, I came across a little B&M in Tempe. It's called Vast Vapors and it's in a little center on the NE corner of Mill & Southern. Prices are pretty high IMO but I have very little experience with B&M vape shops. The people are very friendly and pretty helpful. There were three juice brands with a really nice selection of flavors. They also took good care of me on wick & wire and blending some juice for me (to get me to my nic level in a flavor they were short on).

Overall, it's a nice place and I've been back a couple of times. I like supporting local businesses when I can afford them. It's also nice to know that if I get in a bind for something, I have an alternative to waiting on the USPS.

I'll be looking into the two in Scottsdale. Meanwhile, I need to check out Desert Vapors. There are three pretty close to me.

Thanks for the info.

I got my first set up at Vast Vapors. I wasn't very impressed with the juice selection but the guys were really awesome and I've been back a time or two for things I needed right away that the shipping from somewhere else would have been the same or more than the VV markup.

They aren't quite as...aloof....as the people at Synergy. Also, I hear they have some sort of agreement with ASU of some sort....to help students quit smoking or some such. I'm not really clear on what they told me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread