Aga t2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueTech

Jun 15, 2013
Seminole, OK USA
I recently bought my new Aga T2 and have had a great success with getting around 2.2 ohms on my coiling. I am running with steel mesh for my wicking but have noticed that I am getting light draws even when still fresh. Not sure why this is and really don't feel like wasting resources if I really don't need to. Anyone have any suggestions?
:glare:

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Welcome to the wonderful world of rebuildables

I usually had a hot leg issue when this started happening. leg would get red but rest of coil wouldn't. bump and nudge until coil fired evenly, put cap on got 3 good vapes then same issue again. kept trying for 2-3 weeks. got frustrated. posted an epic long rant. put AGA-t2+ in drawer. Rant at myself everytime I open drawer, look at protank and calm down

GBX4

Nov 28, 2013
England
I tried every size of wire in mine until I got it just right. I'm no expert, don't know what the res of my coil is - I just know its working great and plenty of vapour + the battery doesn't get hot. I've got the finest grade wire I could buy 0.15mm I think, only a couple of wraps around the mesh and a slightly modified centre post (I posted a thread here about it with pictures).

I'm completely satisfied now, love the AGA-T2 because it was hard work, and it taught me so much experimenting with it.

*edit, I did have a vamo but I broke it. I personally don't think rebuildables work well with VV/VW mods, i'd stick with mech or VV only. My vamo was always giving me low Ohms errors, tried to fix it because I followed a youtube vid, (stupidly) and it ended up in the bin.

Last edited:

pianman6954

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
United States
The hardest part of the AGA is getting it initially set up, I watched I kid you not dozens of videos including PBusardos entire build video and had hot legs and when it wasn't hot legging it sucked, so I'll tell you how I do it as I literally have the exact same setup as you. When you do your very first coil on a new wick cut a small bit of chigarette paper and roll it around the wick and wrap your coil, don't trim the wires just yet though you can tighten it a bit after you've fired it and blown away any ash. As far as coils go RBA tanks don't seem to do to great in high impedances, the Vamo will handle anything above 1.2ohm (I think this is contrary to the documentation on it but I've tested it) higher voltages seem to more easily short the coil on SS Mesh. You might have a little trouble getting it under 1.5ohms on 32 if thats what your working with but it should work respectably up to 1.7. I haven't drilled my wick hole any larger yet so it seems to wick better with one of the fill screws removed. I vape a PG/VG of 70/30 and get clouds this way. Try not to let it to defeat you, it took me a week to get it perfect but when you do, whoa momma. Hop on amazon and order a couple 50ft rolls of wire so you can make mistakes. I have ribbon on mine now at 3.6 volts and 1.2 ohms and l am getting clouds so I promise you'll get there.

AR15Keith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Miami, FL, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread