AGA T3 and bouncing resistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithy963

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2013
Birmingham, UK
Hi guys I just recieved my AGA T3 today,

I very quickly washed it down, hit up a youtube video and started my first build (I've done the kayfun a good few times now but never had this problem).

I first used a silica wick because I forgot to order some mesh, banged it on my Vamo and started hitting away. It was feckin' awesome!
Clouds of vapour, smooth smooth flavour, and then a nicotine rush so I had to put it down :laugh:

I was so impressed, while I waiting for my nicotine OD to subside, I stripped it down and gave the mesh wick ago (very tiny piece that came in the back of the packaging).

It was a really piss poor attempt: I don't think I oxidized the wick well enough, I didn't manage to get the coils to glow all the way around the wick but I filled it up with juice anyway and banged it back on my Vamo.

When I put it on the Vamo I noticed the ohms we're bouncing around because it would barely fire - it would go anywhere from 0.2 ohms all the way up to like 5.6 ohms I saw at one point.

In the end I gave up, re-wicked it with silica and have been using that on the Vamo, it still goes up and down but isn't as bad (1.5 ohms - 3.0 ohms so it will consistently fire on my Vamo).

I really want to get to a stable 0.8 - 1.0 ohms so I can stick it on my Nemesis clone. I have a Efest IMR18650 2250mAH battery which will do 10amps so I think hanging around there is safe, what I don't want it my coil to dip down to 0.3 or lower ohms and possibly end up damaging my kit, or even worse my face (it may only be an average looking face, but I assure you, I am very fond of it).

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong? What are the general guidelines when building a SS mesh wick?

Many thanks

Smithy :confused:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Fluctuating resistance is usually poorly connected coil ends. They may be moving around. See if you can tighten the screws any more or if your coil is not properly seated underneath the screws.

With a mesh wick you also have "a short" until you get rid of all hot spots. Usually ohm checkers don't pick up on this, tho... since they use very low currents to check resistance. Which won't make the current jump from coil to wick. Anyway... if this was the case, you wouldn't see increasing resistance.

Smithy963

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2013
Birmingham, UK
I've tried fiddling with the wires and I'm pretty confident that they have good constant contact,

The resistance is still bouncing up and down though :(

How can I check if the pins are grounded? the wire goes from the positive, spins around my silica and then goes to the negative, no touching wires either side on any other metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread