Not open for further replies.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
As far as I know, there are no state or federal regulations requiring anyone to be 18 or over to buy nicotine liquid.

The fact that 99% of the vendors selling liquids require age verification is a tribute to a growing, but still responsible industry that's interested in self-regulation.

Krazirob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Cameron, NC
i know most vendors require 18 years old but at his age id say just get it for him and see how he likes it.....

i would rather get my kids interested in vaping if i had a feeling they were going to smoke. I started smoking at 13 years old and if i could have vaped instead i would be happier to this day. If my kids are anything like me when they get older they are gonna be caffeine and nicotine types of people.....LOL

and being that my kids now chase my clouds and thinks its fun im sure when they are teenagers they are gonna wanna try it out.....:)

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
As far as this forum-

28. Electronic cigarette definition
a. 'Electronic cigarettes' or 'e-cigarettes' or 'PVs' (electric or electronic personal vaporizers) as described on this website are consumer products designed as an alternative to smoking, for smokers age 18 or over.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
As far as I know, there are no state or federal regulations requiring anyone to be 18 or over to buy nicotine liquid.

The fact that 99% of the vendors selling liquids require age verification is a tribute to a growing, but still responsible industry that's interested in self-regulation.

This is incorrect... many states do have laws making it illegal to sell or furnish eCigs to anyone under the age of 18. (The OP's home state of California being one of them)

HOWEVER.... the 0 nic issue, is an interesting one. I do know many of us planned to use California's legal definition of eCigarette as a loophole to SB648, if it passed, since it seemed to require the presence of nicotine.

Personally I'd still recommend against it... Sure Vaping may be less dangerous than smoking... but that's a pretty low bar to clear, so to speak. Why risk it?

Now, if he's going to do it anyway... Maybe you could at least point him in the right direction; quality products, american made liquid... or better yet, since it's 0nic... might as well make his own... it'd be SUPER cheap and easy.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
This is incorrect... many states do have laws making it illegal to sell or furnish eCigs to anyone under the age of 18. (The OP's home state of California being one of them)

HOWEVER.... the 0 nic issue, is an interesting one. I do know many of us planned to use California's legal definition of eCigarette as a loophole to SB648, if it passed, since it seemed to require the presence of nicotine.

Personally I'd still recommend against it... Sure Vaping may be less dangerous than smoking... but that's a pretty low bar to clear, so to speak. Why risk it?

Now, if he's going to do it anyway... Maybe you could at least point him in the right direction; quality products, american made liquid... or better yet, since it's 0nic... might as well make his own... it'd be SUPER cheap and easy.

Thanks for the correction regarding the Peoples Republic of California. :D

I should have known.

Seriously, I think most consumers and vendors would welcome regulations requiring age verification, as long as the means of verifying age are reasonable and cost effective. The fact that so many vendors are already taking steps to do so is a positive thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread