"Aged Juice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worf

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2011
Bethlehem, PA
In my readings here and there i have heard some members mention that the juice they bought form pretty much "wherever" has reached its prime and now tastes , vapes good.. Ok so I still a realative noob here ...are you supposed to let your juice age? if so how and how long? Are you supposed to shake the bottle before filling a carto? Im kinda lost here I have a Riva 1100 ordered plain old=e vanilla and coffee and bot sort of tatse like something...maybe the coffee tastes a little like black coffee the vanilla I cant say that it tastes like anything , that was while using the 3 piece batt atty and cart...all form EVCig...tried mixing a few drops of both with both and still nothing to write home about...I ordered some Boge 510LR soft tip cartomizers form Carolina Vapor and a sample of Cherry Cherry and wow now i can taste that ok , almost too....je ne sais quoi....sweet strong ...the boge deal beats the 3 piece set up...so back to aging...whats that all about?

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
Whether aging is needed or not depends on the juice and supplier. Some flavors take a while to come to full fruition in a juice. I know that anything creamy or involving cinnamon are among these, but there are other I'm ignorant of. Other posters can probably add to this list.

Several manufacturers produce juice made-to-order, and the juices they make that include the "has to age" flavors must be allowed to age to taste as intended. Other manufacturers make their juice in advance, and it may have already aged while sitting on a shelf awaiting your purchase.

In short, aging doesn't hurt, so the recommendation is that if your juice doesn't taste quite right, or has a perfumey taste to it, let it age a while (a few days, usually, but I've had some that took 3 weeks or so) and try it again. It often, but not always, helps.

About bottle-shaking, I think this also depends on the exact juice -- but it never hurts. I always shake my bottle before filling, pretty much out of habit. It's just part of my "ritual".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread