Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
I bought one of these:

DCT Tank Airflow Controller - Cartomizer / Clearomizer

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to use it. I've tried not bringing the collar piece up, leaving it flush with the base, which left a gap between the top surface of the collar and the bottom surface of the Protank, and the draw as near impossible (it was almost air tight).

I then proceeded to loosen the collar piece until it was sitting flush with the bottom surface of the Protank, the draw still seemed too tight, like sucking through a straw that had the other end closed off...

I've tried both configuration of the air flow controller on my eVic and my Provari, same results. What am I doing wrong?

H. Hodges

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Spopkane, WA, USA
On the site link you provided, it states the controller is for use on eGo style batteries. Does your device cover the air gap? Also, the site instructions state that you should place the device onto the batteries in it's full open position, attach the carto/tank, then adjust the airflow closed until desired flow is achieved. In your post above, it looks like you did these steps backwards. If you are convinced the device "should" work on your device, can you take it apart and see if there is something obstructing the airflow? Does it use an "O" ring and if so, is it seated properly? The site also states that when in the fully closed position, you should still be able to get air flow from the carto's 510 connection side vents. It also specifically states it won't work on cone eGo clearos, etc. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread