'Airy' draw fixes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maybeshewill

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Tatooine
I was recently gifted a Davide mini glassomizer. I was a but busy these past few days so I only tested it out this morning.
I have to say it's really good. I'm not swearing yet that glass is superior to plastics, but I think there is a nice improvement in the flavour.
The only thing I don't like is the fact it's draw is a bit 'airy', I hope I make sense when I say this. It feels like I have to pull more to produce the amount of vapour/TH I want.
So I'd like to ask you, if you have this product, (or if you just know more about air flow than I do) : Is there any way to make it's drag 'tighter' ?
Thanks for reading!

maybeshewill

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Tatooine
I just use a piece of scotch tape to cover two of three air holes on the outside of the base. That makes a perfect draw for me.

That sounds like a good idea. What if I cover the air hole from the inside? It's got a eGo screw on (unlike the protank or the larger davide) so it's got space inside to fit a bit of tape. Just thinking it'd look a bit odd to have tape on the outside.

Kryyptyk

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Austin, TX, USA
If I get something that is a bit airy, I usually will position a finger over one or two of the airholes of the device before I take a drag. That's just a quick fix though, and since all my daily devices have built in airflow control I hardly use anything else! If you want a more permanent solution though you can always use a waterproof sealant and block off one airhole at a time until you get the tight draw you're looking for. I did this a while back with a few T3S's and it worked like a charm. :)

maybeshewill

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Tatooine
Toothpick trick works great.

I'd say give it a day or two - you may find you like it. As you progress through gear, you will find opening up the air flow improves the vape.

I'll give the toothpick trick a shot, but I'll follow your advice. I like to be open to new experiences, so I'll vape it as is, airy and all, see how that works for me.

roadkill46

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Arizona
30s tank was giving me some airy issues and a kanger T3S was the opposite with not enough air. drop of hot glue on a toothpick and seal holes on the Itaste tank cleared it's issue, and a VERY small drill bit opening the kanger hole was just enough to make a great draw. My wife dropped my MVP last week and broke my Aspire dual coil tank, man was i ...... and had to resort to a T3s since my B&M shop in town was out of the Aspire.
the T3 is a good tank once i got the air intake correct. glue and toothpicks are removable with a dental pick pushing it out from the inside so it is not a permanent modification in case you want to go back.

Stephanie Page

Feb 24, 2014
Greece
I also believe that "there's a reason to be airy" and just enjoy being airy. LOL.
get familiar with the gear, and get used to airy feel.

I'll give the toothpick trick a shot, but I'll follow your advice. I like to be open to new experiences, so I'll vape it as is, airy and all, see how that works for me.

sneakerpimp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
The O.C.
cut off the tip of a pin and drive it in.

12818486334_f122c98f28_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread