Alarming side effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hi, all. I'm new to the group. I have been vaping for 9 months after being a pack and a half a day smoker for 20 yrs. The only issues I had with vaping were dry throat and sinus irritation. For the past few days I have been having some more alarming reactions: heart racing, muscle weakness and spasms in my arms, chest tightness, all worse when trying to sleep. I actually only slept 2 hrs last night because these symptoms caused anxiety. Anyone else have these issues? Please help!!!!

I agree with what others say. Ecigarettes are not a cure for any condition. They do, however stop the effect of the tar from cigarettes, as well as eliminate many other chemicals that you were getting from smoking cigarettes. If you have any underlying condition before you started ecigarettes, then it will still be there, even if the condition was caused from smoking. If you had COPD before ecigarettes, you will have COPD after you switch.

It does, however, stop the worsening of many conditions, and may even give your body time to heal some, but the results differ from one body to the next. My mother in law, as an example, switched from smoking 40 years. She had COPD before, and she still has it now. However, her breathing is slightly better after switching, and she doesn't need to use Albuterol nearly as much as she used to. She still gets winded from climbing up one flight of stairs, but she doesn't have to rush to her inhaler every time she comes upstairs.

As far as the heart racing and sleeplessness.. that might be due to the nicotine intake alone. Now that your body is getting healthier, your body is probably taking in more nicotine, since your lungs are clearing up some. You might want to lower your nicotine content some. As always, consult your physician, and check for allergies to any ingredients in ecigarettes. The most common ingredient people are allergic to, is the Propylene Glycol (PG). Others have been found to be alergic to Vegetable Glycerine (VG), but not nearly as common. Usually allergic reactions include tightness of the chest and throat.

Dryness of the throat is common, and most often associated with both PG and VG. Since both of these are hydrophilic, which means it absorbs moisture. Increase the amount of water you take to compensate for that.

And I cannot say this too many times, consult your physician for other medical conditions. There is a good chance that some or all of these could be contributed to another cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread