Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Is there really a problem when the manufacture uses alcohol in their juice mix when making it. I always thought that if the juice was shaken really good, caps off, and droppers out, that after about 24 - 48 hrs, all the alcohol will be gone.
I see a lot of people that WONT vape juice that has had alcohol in it.
I need the help of the e-liquid experts on this. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it's elthel alcohol. Sorry can't spell the word. But I know EC Blends uses it. I never had a problem. Let it steep and I can sleep.:vapor:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I've got no problem with the alcohol,(I know how it evaporates). I just don't understand why they use it when mixing and why people would be afraid of it.
What part of the mixing does the alcohol play? Why use it if you don't have to?

From what I've gleaned reading here about it, there are a few reasons some vendors use EA. To thin VG juices, to enhance flavors, and to give better TH (mostly for 100%VG).

DetraMental

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
United States
I've got no problem with the alcohol,(I know how it evaporates). I just don't understand why they use it when mixing and why people would be afraid of it.
What part of the mixing does the alcohol play? Why use it if you don't have to?

The alcohol comes from the flavors used and from where alisa1970 stated. Some flavors are preserved in an Alcohol Base along with pg. No one is afraid of it that I'm aware, they just don't find the flavor to their liking so they let it air/evaporate.

Last edited:

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
Ethyl alcohol is often used in the flavor extraction process and as a dispersal agent, most often in super-concentrated flavorings. It basically works the same way as propylene glycol in this capacity, but is thinner as well as being more aggressive when used for flavor extraction from certain raw components. Some manufacturers use it only as a suspension agent, along with water and/or PG.

Some people (like myself!) seem to have a higher sensitivity to flavorings that contain alcohol than others. For instance, I use VZ's line of alcohol-based super-concentrates in my DIY and literally can not vape them for the first 24-48 hours after they're made. If I do, it's like inhaling a lungful of fire. Once the alcohol has evaporated from the mix by steeping for a couple of days with the cap off (also re-capping and shaking occasionally ), they taste great.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
These post are the kind of answers I'm truly needing.
The more information I can gather from members like all the above, the more ammunition I have to work with. To try and educate others that just don't know, or are misinformed.
I hear a ton of misinformation in my little shop.
That's why I turn to ECF. For facts not fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread