Status
Not open for further replies.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
If you fell for a pretty face like I did, my friend @TheWestPole gave me some tips for fixing the Aleaker (<not a typo) Killer. It will make the spring loaded 510 fixed. I had tried an o-ring like someone mentioned but it didn't fix the problem.
He wrote-

• Find a working atty with the shortest 510 pin.
  • Screw it all the way down onto the mod 510 inserting one thickness of printer paper between the two.
  • Clean off the area shown below with alcohol.
  • Glue all around the joint shown below to seal the pin and fix it in place.
  • Fully cure the glue.
First thing I did was replace the super squishy bottle with one of these-
$3.70 Mechanical Mod Replacement Squonk Bottle (5-Pack) 5-pack - 8ml / PE at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
The hole needs to be enlarged, a round needle file did the trick quickly (make sure there are no burrs left). The original bottle kind of auto-sucked at the end of the bottle, last 1/4" or so and made a big mess. Your results may vary on that.

So anyway, on to the 510. There are 2 little screws on top and the thing popped out easily. Just be careful of the wires. 2 pics below show it open with an atty screwed on, and closed, no atty. The atty I used was the atty I was using. It's since been switched to an Enthion. Works the same. No gap, nice connection.
Tim recommended Loctite Liquid Professional Super Glue. The local Home Depot didn't have it so I got Loctite GO2 Gel. Just fill that gap that the question mark is pointing to and let it set at least 24 hours.
iGOyT23.jpg

wUFUrA7.jpg

It's been working fine since. @b.m., this might interest you.
hDFqAJ1.jpg

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Thanks,i may have to give that a try.I liked the mod when i got it,but after using it 20 minutes,sitting it on the shelf over night,and finding a mess all over the next morning,it hasn't been touched since,so it would be nice to be able to get it working right.Seeing that pic with the 510 out,it has enough wire that i may even just swap out a varitube 510 and resolder it.I would have to file down the size of the top plate on the varitube just a bit to make it fit the hole,but would definitely solve the issue,but for now,i like how easy this fix is until i get motivated to swap it out haha.

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
Thanks so much for this. I saw this before the mod make it from China, so I kept an eye on it for the first bottle and sure enough, it leaked. This fix saves the mod for it really is a good mod. Hits pretty good and feels good in the hand. The fix really is pretty easy. I would recommend someone fixing it before you even try it. Again, a big thank you Glasseye for saving my mod and saving me $37!

NCCTC

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Hills-Vegas, NC
That fix worked for me, but only for a few days. I've torn the mod down to parts and will
be installing a new 510. I have a few FDV and the Modmaker 510's. Will decide soon.
Also, the DNA 75 board fits perfectly in this mod; so it may get new guts all-around.

If they had a decent 510, and charged another $5, it would have been worth it.

Reactions: stols001

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
The glue fix works for me. Still, though, I'd rather not have my liquid be in contact with glue if at all possible but others might feel differently.

It's too bad that the product can't just work as intended. We shouldn't have to DIY fix basic functionality.

What I'm wondering now is why the YouTube reviewers I've seen with this product haven't faced similar issues.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
My experience says yes, but I don't know if the company ever officially addressed the issue.

I received mine from FastTech a little over two weeks ago and it leaked out-of-the-box.

I did use the "glue-fix" to seal the 510 (which worked) but I no longer use it since I'd rather not have the potential for the glue to come in contact with the liquid I'm vaping. It now just sits here unused since I've received my VT Inbox.

I'd offer to send it to you free-of-charge if you want to try it (if you pay the shipping) but the chances of the now-non-adjustable 510 pin being suited for your atty is kind of low.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
No that's o.k. I would not want something free with that problem.
I was planning on going after a resin squonker for my next mod but,guess not. I am getting the inbox V3 and RSQ mods instead.

Have you tried checking FT's site for a new BF 510 connector that might fit the mod?

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
It's a shame the mod has this issue. I would pick one up if I knew it were resolved correctly by the factory.

I've got a couple of Aleader Funkys that are really nice mods for the $$$. They did a good job on the chip in the Funky. If the chip in the Killer is anything like the Funky, it sounds like it would be a great mod other than the 510 issue.

I've got the V2 Inbox, think I'm waiting for the Pulse/Gene chip for my next regulated squonk.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
It's a shame the mod has this issue. I would pick one up if I knew it were resolved correctly by the factory.

I've got a couple of Aleader Funkys that are really nice mods for the $$$. They did a good job on the chip in the Funky. If the chip in the Killer is anything like the Funky, it sounds like it would be a great mod other than the 510 issue.

I've got the V2 Inbox, think I'm waiting for the Pulse/Gene chip for my next regulated squonk.
I did not know the pulse was coming out with a revamp ?? I know they just released the colored see thru doors.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Nah. I decided not to even bother thinking about fixing the Killer especially because it seems it's not their only mod with issues. I've just chalked it up to a learning experience and am happy with the Inbox v3 and I like it a bit better than the RSQ (just personal preference).

I'm sure that will keep me happy for a good while before I look at another regulated, single-battery squonk mod. This time I'll do more in-depth research and wait until the product has been out longer rather than jumping on these immediately after watching a couple of video reviews.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I did not know the pulse was coming out with a revamp ?? I know they just released the colored see thru doors.
Yeah not much info on it yet. A few mentions of it in the current Pulse thread. No real details yet other than it will be regulated, using the Gene chip (like VooPoo), 20700 based (assume there will be an 18650 adapter).

This could be a real winner if they do it up right.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Yeah not much info on it yet. A few mentions of it in the current Pulse thread. No real details yet other than it will be regulated, using the Gene chip (like VooPoo), 20700 based (assume there will be an 18650 adapter).

This could be a real winner if they do it up right.
That sounds like that will be a mod I keep on radar waiting for.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
i cut an oring i had from an old drip tip and now it doesn't leak. the first oring i tried was a thin spare from a rta chamber, it was too small and it caused it to leak worse. i dig this mod now.
So the leak can be fixed and stop the leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread