Alien or Alien Baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiledward

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2016
Hey there! Hope you guys are doing awesome. Anybody own an Alien and or Alien Baby (AL 85). I've been thinking about a dual battery mod for awhile and had my eye on the smok Alien. But then I just saw the AL 85 single 18650.... So here's a little info. I currently have a single 18650 mod and hang out around 40 watts... I don't especially like a warm/hot vape. Do you guys think I should go for the Alien or it's little brother. Thanks! P.S. I'm going to buy the TFV8 big baby beast either way.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
At 40 watts, you shouldn't notice any difference except that the big one will last roughly twice as long (two batteries) and, of course, it will be bigger in your hand. It's more about what you have on top and how hard you drive it, that determines your vape quality. If you don't need the extra power now, you have to ask yourself, do you think you might want to play around with higher wattages in the future, and/or is the longer battery life enough to make up for the extra bulk?

Also with the 2-battery version you will need to invest in some new batteries, if you don't have any married pairs already.

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
I have the 220 Alien, and it's my favorite mod. And just because it goes up to 220 watts, doesn't mean you have to use it at higher power if you don't like it. I use mine between 75-85 watts, and it's a nice cool smooth vape. The batteries will last me about a day and a half depending on how much I use it (I currently have 4 mods in daily rotation). It's an awesome mod.

Neiledward

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2016
I have the 220 Alien, and it's my favorite mod. And just because it goes up to 220 watts, doesn't mean you have to use it at higher power if you don't like it. I use mine between 75-85 watts, and it's a nice cool smooth vape. The batteries will last me about a day and a half depending on how much I use it (I currently have 4 mods in daily rotation). It's an awesome mod.
What do you think about the battery door? Only thing I was really attracted to on the AL 85 was the top load sturdy looking battery compartment. I dig sturdy!

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Also if I may ask does 2 - 18650's mean longer battery life? My one serious complaint about my kanger single 18650 is I'm always changing out my battery.
Yes, two batteries should last roughly twice as long as a single battery at the same settings.

Reactions: Neiledward

Neiledward

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2016
At 40 watts, you shouldn't notice any difference except that the big one will last roughly twice as long (two batteries) and, of course, it will be bigger in your hand. It's more about what you have on top and how hard you drive it, that determines your vape quality. If you don't need the extra power now, you have to ask yourself, do you think you might want to play around with higher wattages in the future, and/or is the longer battery life enough to make up for the extra bulk?

Also with the 2-battery version you will need to invest in some new batteries, if you don't have any married pairs already.
That's my other thing! I have a bunch of quality 18650's but none that are married!

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have the Alien and I love it so much I rarely take it out. Want to keep it pristine and have other MOD's expose to the elements.

upload_2017-3-28_19-21-36.png

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have both an Alien and AL85. The Alien is a nice small size for a 2 battery mod. The AL85 is much like a Pico but takes a 25 mm tank. The Pico won't without a heatsink or something to not be blcoked by the battery cap. The AL85 is better to toss in your pocket. A decent 2500 or 3000 mAh battery will get you through most of a day. The alien is great when you'll be out for a long time and don't want to carry a spare battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread