All about the taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
I am a new member and everybody’s been helping me with various atomiser problems and I think I’ve been told to move it into here . It’s been recommended I use RTA,s and not sure what they are , and also it would be better for me to use bigger atomiser,s . When I started vaping I was looking for something that tasted and had the hit of a strong cigar ,and many companies advertised “ cigar flavours “ but were cr#p then I found TW heavy cigar 36mg and loved it. Then it became illegal so had to change to 18mg , big shock no taste ,so changed to 0.5 and more power and ok again .i found for whatever reason the heavy cigar flavour is very susceptible to the slightest change . But now I cannot get supplies from uk anymore because of uk post office rules regarding Covid so they say so been chasing around Thailand for something worth vaping . So if you recommend to me different tanks and atomisers it has to be A available in Thailand and B copes with plain tobacco flavour . I don’t like sweet and funny flavours . All I want is something that tastes like a cigar ( Dutch not Cuban ) . As an example heavy cigar with a 0.5 tastes great , with a 1.2 no taste at all . Thanks everybody I’ve had such good response from this forum and learnt a lot already .

Reactions: Izan and NCC

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I never had any luck with tanks, rda (rebuildable dripping atomizers) are what worked for me for flavor.
I use the wotofo profile rda with mesh strips, it's really easy to use, it's not complicated and the flavor for me is the best I've found...plus it's fairly cheap....you can buy some clones off of fasttech for about $10 and they are just as good as the originals and you can buy the mesh strips 10 of them also off of fasttech for under $3, you can clean the gunk off of them and reuse the same strip for many many months (I maybe go through 2 or 3 strips a year) and then get a big bag of muji cotton for somewhere between $5 - $10 and that bag will last you the rest of your life :lol: I only use about 1/3rd of each cotton square for the wick....

as far as a good tobacco flavor juice goes...sorry I can't help there, I've never liked tobacco flavors, even when I smoked, I smoked cloves. I will say that fasttech had a sampoerna flavored juice and it was spot on to the sampoerna tobacco (just needed the clove and stuff added to it) so you could try that as cloves are closer to cigars than cigarettes.

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
I’m ok now I’m using a liquid by vgod which I can get in Thailand and it comes in 25mg or 50mg and I think it’s made in the states .i,ve never understood why people like what I call all the bubble gum flavours . I thought that people vaped to stop smoking and would therefor want a tobacco flavour but that’s obviously not the case . All the products and companies you mention will not ship to Thailand because the Thai government does prosecute

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
@Shadav, I too started switching to mesh atty's only in August 2017, and acquired 29 of them that were the only atty's I vaped until I stopped vaping. In order of preference for my uses... 10 Wotofo Profile BF RDA's, 10 Digiflavor BF Mesh Pro RDA's, 6 Wotofo Profile Unity RTA's and 3 Vandy Vape BF Mesh RDA's. I ran them on mech's and regulated box mods. I had tons of high end gear for years before them, but these mesh atty's gave me the best flavor of anything I ever had before them. I was a DL vaper that wanted big flavor (and didn't put any nicotine in my DIY recipes).

Because I prefer mech's, the top shelf gear for me was the 5 Reo P67's running Wotofo Profile BF RDA's with Vapefly Firebolt cotton wicking.

profileP67sl.jpg

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I’m ok now I’m using a liquid by vgod which I can get in Thailand and it comes in 25mg or 50mg and I think it’s made in the states .i,ve never understood why people like what I call all the bubble gum flavours . I thought that people vaped to stop smoking and would therefor want a tobacco flavour but that’s obviously not the case . All the products and companies you mention will not ship to Thailand because the Thai government does prosecute
sorry I can't really help you get around your government's laws, we're facing some issues here in the us ourselves ;)
not saying that there aren't ways, but per ecf rules, can't really talk about that :p

it depends, some folks started vaping to quit smoking, some use it to reduce their smoking, and then there are those that never smoked...I mean ok I guess if you are going to start a habit vaping is the lesser evil....

yeah there again I never liked the taste of tobacco, but I was stuck smoking...it was either I was an avid drinker and social smoker, or an avid smoker and social drinker....not so much addicted to either but self medicating anxieties and smoking is more socially accepted everywhere whereas day drinking not so much :lol:
I think most folks switch to other flavors because as you've noticed it's hard to find a tobacco flavor that matches what you used to smoke...for me as well ;) vaping helped me to give up a lot of sweets

@Shadav, I too started switching to mesh atty's only in August 2017, and acquired 29 of them that were the only atty's I vaped until I stopped vaping. In order of preference for my uses... 10 Wotofo Profile BF RDA's, 10 Digiflavor BF Mesh Pro RDA's, 6 Wotofo Profile Unity RTA's and 3 Vandy Vape BF Mesh RDA's. I ran them on mech's and regulated box mods. I had tons of high end gear for years before them, but these mesh atty's gave me the best flavor of anything I ever had before them. I was a DL vaper that wanted big flavor (and didn't put any nicotine in my DIY recipes).

Because I prefer mech's, the top shelf gear for me was the 5 Reo P67's running Wotofo Profile BF RDA's with Vapefly Firebolt cotton wicking.

View attachment 937675
:w00t::pervy: if that orange reo goes missing.....it wasn't me :lol::wub:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    The long standing understanding/agreement in vaping circles is that a RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer) can provide the best flavor.

Those that use mesh coils feel that they provide better flavor over wire coils.

Sorry I can't help with the juice. I detest tobacco flavor and make my own juice with nicotine+VG+flavors.

g.

Reactions: Shadav

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    :w00t::pervy: if that orange reo goes missing.....it wasn't me :lol::wub:

There is a very long list of Reo folks ahead of you that want it.
    Its not orange though... it's the only Copper Metallic Matte P67 ever made (or Reo of any kind for that matter). I picked out the color I wanted, Robert 0'Neil got the supplies and made it custom for me in May 2017. He had closed his forum here at ECF in March 2016, and was getting ready to close the Reosmods shop for good. So it was the last Reo I acquired rom him, and is #37 in my collection of Reo's and Reo Woodvil's that date back to early 2011.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Ok here’s a question, how do make nicotine flavouring without buying it ready made

You buy flavor concentrates and add to the nicotine, PG, and VG. There are websites that specialize in these flavors. It has become an art in mixing flavors to find new and exciting recipes. Check out Random DIY mixing and More.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Ok here’s a question, how do make nicotine flavouring without buying it ready made

The general course of action was to first get a quantity of 100mG nicotine, get some VG or PG (or both) and then there are a dozen or more "flavor" companies on the web that package and ship flavorings in as little as 5ml to 1l or gallon containers.

With the raw ingredients in hand it is fairly easy to measure out some nicotine, dilute it with VG PG (or both) and add %1-15 flavoring to the mixture. Shake to stir it up and ether let sit for a while or simply load into a atomizer and vape.

Sadly, while VG, PG and flavorings are still readily available on the web, if you live in the USA (and likely other countries) getting nicotine is going to be difficult to impossible.

Your best bet at this point is to check out your local vape shops and see what flavored premade juice that they are offering as getting anything vape or tobacco related online and shipped to consumers is/will be banned.

g.

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info

it's a long read, but here's a somewhat starting point for you if you want to look through it (though some info isn't current, with the vape mail ban going on here in the us)
    General Info and Advice on getting started with DIY, where to start... | E-Cigarette Forum

look up recipes on elr (e-liquid recipe) [or wherever] find a few that sounds good and then buy the flavors from those recipes to make them. Now me I don't go by brand, I go by flavor so if the recipe says cap vanilla and I have tfa vanilla (or tfa is cheaper) then I go with what I have/cheaper.

Now given where you are located it might be difficult to find nic, though I'm sure there are ways and you may want to check out the Thailand Forum for local information.

and feel free to join in over at Random DIY mixing and More where there are lots of helpful people to help you out with diy

• Useful
    Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

I smoked for 32 years and can't vape tobacco flavors because the flavoring can't replicate the taste of burning tobacco and ends up tasting like chew, which to me is just plain nasty.

However food flavorings do a great job of replicating the taste of food when vaping so I went to various desserts I like such as apple pie, peach cobbler, cinnamon rolls and such. Plus, it tastes awesome and you don't gain an ounce... lol

So this is why most former smokers switch using flavors other than tobacco...

no guilt desserts all day end up like a treat for not smoking, and probably makes it easier to switch in the end.

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    When uk law changed and capped eliquid strength at 20mg I tried to buy cigar flavouring from totally wicked thinking it may help but they finally admitted that the cigar flavouring they sell is not the one they use themselves in their heavy cigar liquid. So even if I could buy readymade cigar flavouring it’s probably going to be Cuban which I don’t like I like Dutch cigars which are strong and coarse I know I’m an oddity but you like what you like

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    No I can’t buy flavour concentrates , I asked how do you make your own .

There are some guys on the forum who make their own NET's... basically you take the tobacco you prefer, then soak it in PG for a few weeks, then filter it really well so your left with clean PG based tobacco flavoring...

Liquid Extraction From Tobacco

^^^ check out that subforum... they have it down to a fine art.

• Agree
    Reactions: John oakton

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    In the days before Covid (bc) when we could fly on a visit to the uk I vaguely remember buying a mesh coil for my tornado tank and the guy did warn me using it with 18mg heavy cigar juice would give me a headache but I tried it anyway but again it tasted bad , I think I threw it away , it was problems me doing it wrong , so what should I have done ? .With these drip systems is there no tank ? And if not is it a 2 handed job , I’m sorry to be a pain but even tho Iv vaped for years I don’t know anything about all this stuff , and reading some replies I haven’t a clue what they are talking about .but I’m trying to learn. Thanks

John oakton

Apr 9, 2021
    There are some guys on the forum who make their own NET's... basically you take the tobacco you prefer, then soak it in PG for a few weeks, then filter it really well so your left with clean PG based tobacco flavoring...

Liquid Extraction From Tobacco

^^^ check out that subforum... they have it down to a fine art.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread