All Mech

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowjelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Jeffersonville, IN, USA
This mod started out as a OKR-10 mod but after a near melt down I decided to stick with something simple. I converted the button into a mech button and made all brass contacts. Push the button and it pushes a brass plate into another contact the completes the circuit. Had to turn the positive pin and make the bottom a bit longer so the positive contacts had something to grab onto. I used Lacewood for the body with maple strips, still have to put a finish on and tweek the door a little. Basically it is done. I'll keep researching and try an OKR again in the future. Keith

Attachments

• IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 68

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I like the grain of the wood it was a good choice. I didnt have that much fun wiring up my raptor which is the same as the okr. In fact I failed the first time around and had to disassemble it partially and do over. Its allot of parts that have to be soldered onto a very small piece of pcb. You will get it next time, and what you have looks great the way it is.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Dan, I was worried you hadn't made anything for a good long while. Very nice indeed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh I have been building things LOL, just been real busy, one started college and another one set to graduate high school!
Still trying to finish my shed, 48' x 48' 2300sq ft of play room for my lathes and tools. Next project is a foundry to smelt silver :)
Yes an all silver mod is in my future :D
Dan

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I like that especially the forced patina. The center probably helps in grip. I usually have a vape band on my tubes which helps give a little grip.

Here is a 26650 I did last week, notice the nice curves, I made that with a new tool I bought called a radius tool.
Makes it really easy to hold, does not slip at all. Yes, I made the cap too :)

IMG_2826_zpsdec94a28.jpg

Radius tool...
serepton ltd.

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Kickass! I never even heard of a tool like this. It seems that you could not cut metal like that without being held securely. you just go back and forth my hand. Very nice! I want to make one of these for my lathe. Lots of possibilities here! :)

Just remember small bites, and brass is the only one you don't need a cutting fluid for. SS and copper definitely needs cutting oil.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread