All Things about the Eleaf iCare & iCare Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I mostly grab it for when I'm doing a chore where I'm not going to vape much or dirty /active. It's small, light, and no tank to break. My end plan is to have the mini's all over the house and cars so I can free up my hands and pockets, lol. A naughty on a little istick Is huge and bulky now. Better vape tho.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    So I've fallen into a pattern with this device.
    I've got one of the mini's loaded with high nic and at the ready as a cigarette substitute. One of the 650's in rotation with my other gear.
    Anyone else finding a long term usage place in their vaping rotations for these devices?
    I have high hopes that, if these devices perform as well as what the reviewers say, they will become my new rotation and retire all my other gear. I'm currently vaping at exactly the same level. 1.1-1.3 ohm, 3-3.3 volts (7-9 watts) on my Lemo V1 tanks with airflow wide open (but with the Lemo that's still restrictive).

Reactions: Burnie

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Got you foggy - I seem to have high hopes for every new device, but I never seem to go all in on anything :)
    Oh I haven't gone all in, or in at all as far as investment yet. I traded a mod that I won for 2 Icares that someone else won. The fact that I live in an 18 wheel padded cell makes the convenience factor huge for me tho. Which is why I'm currently 'all in' with 18350 VV/VW devices. If they work well enuf that I can, at least adjust to them, I will go all in tho. At least as long as coils remain available.

Reactions: Burnie

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
    Ok, so I have been playing with the iCare more, and here's what I've come up with that's working for me. I have two air holes open, and take a kinda dl hit, and inhale. This get's the flavor, enough of a hit, and plenty of vapor for me. For this I do think I need to reduce my nic level a bit tho. I still think that if it started firing as soon as I start drawing on it that a mtl draw would be sufficient. I'm waiting to see what DFW has to say about it.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Ok, so I have been playing with the iCare more, and here's what I've come up with that's working for me. I have two air holes open, and take a kinda dl hit, and inhale. This get's the flavor, enough of a hit, and plenty of vapor for me. For this I do think I need to reduce my nic level a bit tho. I still think that if it started firing as soon as I start drawing on it that a mtl draw would be sufficient. I'm waiting to see what DFW has to say about it.
    Seems I recall with the crap we had back in 2009 you had to give a quick pull, and then do your regular MTL slow draw, sort of a pre-fire thing, but that was a long time ago and crappy equipment. But then the button fire 510's came out and the automatics went to the curb. The only automatic I have is the "My", and it does work good on a MTL, just the pods don't have the flavor like I want (and a 518 pipe which I puff on anyway). I am hoping the first of the week (tracking shows Monday 19th delivery) I will have an iCare in my hands to see first hand how they work. :)

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Hey folks,
    Don't know if any of y'all are into the contests but there is one currently running where you can choose your prizes. The mini with PCC is one of selections available.

If interested the contest is here and read the instructions in the first post carefully. You must choose your prizes from this page. You'll need to scroll down a bit too find the mini w/PCC. What the hey, can't hurt to try!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    If this thread ends up being a good old ecf type thread, I think we'll develop plenty of tips and tricks to modify these or find ways to adjust. I think the Auto feature is modifiable. It's separate from the vape draw. I've been doing lung draws and those long triple puffs I noticed Phil B doing back b4 he went to RBA's and DTL hits.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I heard back from DFW, and I'm going to send this one back for a replacement.
    That's Great they are going to replace it, keep us informed of what happens. :)

Hey folks,
    Don't know if any of y'all are into the contests but there is one currently running where you can choose your prizes. The mini with PCC is one of selections available.

If interested the contest is here and read the instructions in the first post carefully. You must choose your prizes from this page. You'll need to scroll down a bit too find the mini w/PCC. What the hey, can't hurt to try!
    Thanks for the heads up on the contest, good luck all. :)

If this thread ends up being a good old ecf type thread, I think we'll develop plenty of tips and tricks to modify these or find ways to adjust. I think the Auto feature is modifiable. It's separate from the vape draw. I've been doing lung draws and those long triple puffs I noticed Phil B doing back b4 he went to RBA's and DTL hits.
    Yep, we are the Good Old Boys (and girls :)), we will mod anything. When I started in 2009 it was in the Modders Forum. :D You already have one, are you saying a button can replace the auto draw device? I would really like a button. :D

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
    Yep, we are the Good Old Boys (and girls :)), we will mod anything. When I started in 2009 it was in the Modders Forum. :D You already have one, are you saying a button can replace the auto draw device? I would really like a button. :D[/QUOTE]

Now, this could get interesting. :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    NO Buttons! :) It'll probably be an improvement over your old cig likes. Remember when they used to actuate with wind or sound, lol?
    Yep the wind sucked, just holding it and it would fire. :facepalm: I DO NOT miss the good old days of vaping, I like NOW Better. :D

Reactions: Foggy Road

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Does it seem to be working Ok? @oplholik had problems and I was just wondering how yours was working?

Yes, it's working great. Easy draw and I'm slowly getting over the desire to pre-heat, like with a regular mod.

I'm going to go look to see what kind of safety features it has- I forgot, lol.

I guess it's unregulated???

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread