Allergy/Sensitivity Diffuculties... anyone know what's used in Virgin Vapor Absolute line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPZ

Verified Member
Hi everyone,

So to make a long story short, I have a bunch of allergies/sensitivities, and so far after trying many different e-liquids, the only one I can vape without issue is Virgin Vapor's new absolute virgin line.

According to the website (with marketing jargon sniped):

"However, unlike the original Virgin Vapor line, these flavors do not contain any alcohol. They are pure flavor extractions created by a proprietary, multi-stage technology...They are also extremely potent, with the average usage being only one drop per milliliter instead of the more traditional 25 to 35% or more of total volume that is used in most e-liquids... Vegan, sugar-free, gluten-free, no colorants, fillers, diluting agents or preservatives."

Does anyone know what kind of flavoring this is, and/or where to get it? I'm down to 1 analog per day, but I really want to quit, and while I will vape unflavored if I have to (WTA e-liquid is expensive enough as is) it would be extremely helpful to be able to vape flavored e-liquid without paying $1.50/ml (the approximate cost if I mix wta with nic-free virgin absolute e-liquid)

Thanks in advance- any help is appreciated.

Oh- as far as alternatives go, I have already tried alcohol-based flavors, and I am allergic to PG. I don't believe I have tried non-alcohol based organic flavors aside from whatever the Virgin absolue stuff is, though.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I'd like to find the source of those also. Vaping Zone has a catalog of PG free concentrates that do have alcohol but they are mixed at a rate of 3% or less. Their super concentrates are from Russia, carried with PG but mix rates are 1%.

There are a limited number of flavor carriers from my understanding; PG, alcohol or triacetin (which may separate). My understanding is that VG is not considered a carrier, but water can be. If anyone else knows more, please chime in!

Potion Vapes sells PG free eliquids and they state they are working with new flavorings out of Calif. There is another new eliquid company with PG free eliquids with a very similar line. Hmmm... I did a search and discovered hundreds of flavoring companies just in Calif alone (advertising a comprehensive line of concentrates). None sell to the public. The trade org. for flavorings recommends to not sell to the ecig industry either.

Nude Nic claim they make their own flavor extracts and I think HHV says the same. I've seen a few others with PG free eliquids saying they do their own extractions/nets but they didn't have a comprehensive flavor line. I'm not much of a tobacco vaper.

There is also a sticky of PG free flavors. Feel free to add to it if you discover more.

Milkhoney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Austin
If I had to guess I'd say they're probably traditional absolutes. Extracted with ethanol, then the ethanol is evaporated to leave only the desired ingredients behind.

It's totally possible to use VG as a solvent, but it'd either be slow or you'd need heat to get anything of decent strength, because it's fairly weak as solvents go.

Not much help, I know, but if you can't find flavor absolutes to buy maybe you can make them. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread