The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Virgin Vapor Question

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by NetteG, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. NetteG

NetteG Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    NE
    Reading GREAT things about Virgin Vapor for juice ... and I really am going to have to get some and try. I do have a question though, what is the difference between the Virgin Vapor line and the Absolute Virgin Vapor line ... I know it's a difference between a base of organic ethyl alcohol and no alcohol, but how does this coincide with taste and vape? My husband and I have only vaped with Johnson Creek's Red Oak VG which I do not believe contains alcohol. There are some lovely flavors I would like to order, but just thought I would ask these questions first. :)

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing everyone's responses.

NetteG

2. Black Strat

Black Strat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 8, 2012
    Idaho
    Hi NetteG-
    I can't fully answer your question but I can say I am currently vaping the Shell Shocked Hazelnut and the Naked Vanilla. Both are from the "Absolute" line. Both flavors taste exactly as described, no artificial taste to them at all. It is like eating hazelnuts or a vanilla bean.

I am not sure how the equivalent would compare from the standard line but I am sold!

3. SpicyMcHaggis

SpicyMcHaggis Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2012
    Hamilton Ohio
    Somewhere on their site is an explanation, I read it once.

4. NetteG

Aug 22, 2012
    NE
    thanks Black Strat.... and Spicy I was actually able to speak directly to Kitty with Virgin Vapor and she explained that some folks are sensitive to ethyl alcohol similar to the way some folks can not vape PG... the cool thing is she told me if there is an issue you can let it sit in a dark place with the top off almost like a steep and the ethyl alcohol will evaporate. i can post her exact instructions if anyone would care for the information. Put in my first ordwr with them and can't wait to get the flavors. :). Thanks again!

5. dallas274

dallas274 Full Member Verified Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Costa Mesa
    Sounds like great info please post!

6. SpicyMcHaggis

Jun 14, 2012
    Hamilton Ohio
    When I first get my juices I leave the caps off (I even pull the nipple cap) and let them breathe for a day or two. If it contains alcohol it should leave, and it helps steep them I believe.

7. NetteG

Aug 22, 2012
    NE
    Dallas274 and anyone else interested, this is what Kitty had to say concerning Virgin Vapor and the Ethyl Alcohol line of liquid.

"As far as the ethyl alcohol extracted flavorings vs. Absolute extracted flavorings, a few people are sensitive to the smell and taste of the alcohol in organically flavored liquids. For example, I cannot smell it or taste it, but my sister can. Absolute flavorings solve this issue for those sensitive to the alcohol. Another very good way to eliminate any alcohol taste is to steep the liquids UNCAPPED for about 48 hours, which allows the alcohol to evaporate. Just uncap, set somewhere out of direct light and free of drafts, cover with a tissue and allow it to sit."

Just great to know that even a product with something you may be sensitive to can still be used by performing something as simple as leaving a cap off of a bottle for a couple of days. Thanks again for the information, Kitty! :thumbs:

8. SpicyMcHaggis

Jun 14, 2012
    Hamilton Ohio
    I have her Bananas Foster and Cherry Vanilla Swirl and they are deelish. Lot's of flavor even at 50/50. Next time I'm getting 70/30...that flavor burst should burn out my retinas!

9. Figgy

Figgy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2012
    California
    From the FAQ:

10. NetteG

Aug 22, 2012
    NE
    HA HA HA! Spicy. My husband and I use only 100% VG ... we discovered early on that PG does not sit well with us at all ... I saw the cherry vanilla swirl as well ... so many decisions and only so much cash. LMAO!

And Thanks for the info Figgy ... I had actually seen that on the site, but didn't know about some people being sensitive to the alcohol itself. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.