Allow me to introduce myself..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prairie Jesus

Nov 8, 2012
Canada
my name is PJ and I am Canadian. I quit smoking on Sept. 27 2012. It hasn't been very easy and I've very nearly fell of the wagon a few times.

I've come to conclude that quitting isn't a battle but a war, so I have come here to equip myself with suitable armour.

I do not own an e-cig and know very little about this whole scene. I was recomended to come here by some forum members on another forum and have read the beginners introduction.

I am looking for a quality, inexpensive e-cig that can be upgraded if needed. I'm not bothered with size really, and would like one that has a long battery life. I am looking for a Canadian vendor to avoid customs and expensive postage. Lastly, I am looking for fluid with nicotine.

Anywhoo, it's great to be a part of this ravishing community and I hope to learn lots and sort myself out soon.

Powdr

Oct 19, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Welcome to ECF.
....get an ego battery, probably a twist so that you can adjust for your taste.
....get a backup for that so you can vape while one charges.
....canvape.

This person is just full of all kinds of truth! :)
Great recommendations. Couldn't agree more!
I would also add trying a Smoktech "Stubby" Tank, Boge F16 tank or Vivi Nova Tank to that set up to see which you like better.

Last edited:

Prairie Jesus

Nov 8, 2012
Canada
Vapour solutions is good with hardware and ejuice. They are on Vancouver Island and ship anywhere in Canada. Also Nicfitnation for hardware

Welcome to ECF. I would recommend you get an ego battery, probably a twist so that you can adjust for your taste. I would also recommend you get a backup for that so you can vape while one charges. I think you may find what you need at canvape. anyone have other suggestions?

This person is just full of all kinds of truth! :)
Great recommendations. Couldn't agree more!
I would also add trying a Smoktech "Stubby" Tank, Boge F16 tank or Vivi Nova Tank to that set up to see which you like better.

Brillaint, thanks dudes! I'm not used to such quick replies on a forum, this is awesome. :D

I'll get a list going from what you have given me and check it all out. :)

welcome to ECF.

while you may be "prairie jesus" you are NO funky jesus:

I wish I was half the Jesus that Funky Jesus is. :(

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Thanks dude. I am most definitely overwhelmed by this forum and learning about e-cigs in general. I have been putting it off for a while, and despite taking my first step to sign up here, it wouldn't be out of character if I want back to putting it off. :p

Greetings Fellow Canuck! Welcome to ECF!

If you get 5 posts (and wait for the server to refresh at the bottom of the hour) you will be able to send/receive PM. You can also post in the Canada forum and request the nic juice list.

Get your posts and while you are waiting you can check out the Joye 1000mah Twist at Canvape.com and also on this page Vivi Nova V3 & Replacement Parts Long Wicked Standard. select the "Vivi Nova Mini V3 complete kit 2.0 ml".

I would suggest 2 Twists, 2 USB Rapid chargers, a USB wall wall power supply, and probably 2 Minis to start so that you have backups for everything.

Also, don't worry if you have a smoke before you get settled in to vaping. It will happen soon enough. Don't sweat it.

Relax, Enjoy!

NW Redneck

Oct 2, 2012
Powell River, BC
Welcome PJ! Always good to have another canuck around. Don't give up the fight dude. Today @ 3:00pm marked 4 weeks smoke free for me! The day I got my eGo-C kit was the day of my last smoke. I second the opinions above to start with an eGo of some kind and either some cartomizers and/or vivi nova tanks. The eGo-C kit has been good so far, and I have a twist and mini-nova an the way from Canvape as we speak (should be here tomorrow) just because I've read/heard so much good about them. I've been getting my equipment from Canvape and my juices from vapoursolutions and both have been great to deal with. And check out Grimmgreen and pbusardo on youtube. I spent hours watching their videos before I started vaping and it was time well spent. Between them and all the great people here on ECF you'll learn everything you need to know to get off the stinkies for good! Good luck!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Last edited:

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
Glad you could make it back. There is a lot of help available here. Don't hesitate to post or PM.

This is the most complete kit that I have seen in Canada. https://www.canvape.com/product-p/ultwistkit.htm

Relax, Enjoy!

I have to agree with X P3 - that is very close to what I got started with (but better) and once I got my Twist I just stopped smoking. Still can't believe that after 46 years at a PAD or more - I haven't smoked in 7 weeks. The best part is I haven't even wanted one :ohmy:

hmm sept 27 2012 sounds familiar to me... o thats right, its the same day i quit the stinkys!!! lol or should i say, started vaping! i love it and dont see myself going back ever! my advise would be to get a big battery mod. possibly one that is variable voltage. even an ego twist or something similar would be good. u just cant beat the battery life and the really arent that complicated to figure out how to use. id avoid the mini cig look alikes. they just dont produce the vapor that satifies the craving, atleast it didnt for me.

then find a tank setup that works for you. for me it is the dual coil tanks, but i also have tried and liked the vivi novas and various clearomizers. just experiment with different tank setups and find what you like the best. either way, good luck with whatever you choose! and welcome back to the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread