Almost 1 week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limner

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Western USA
The talk about rituals resonates with me as well. Ten weeks ago, I was fortunate to have a very quick, very seamless transition from a 39 year/2+ pack per day habit to vaping -- except for the rituals.

Most prominent, my entire sense of Time shattered when I began vaping.
Previously, my life had been calibrated to the seven minutes needed to smoke a Parliament 100. "I'll go to bed after this cigarette", or "My dinner should be fully cooked when this cigarette is done". A 15 minute break at work was "two cigarettes long".
Even vaping off cheap cartomizers on stick batteries holding 90 minutes of life, my fastidiously punctual self consequently became highly unreliable for a couple of weeks, and I ate a lot of semi-burned lasagna.

I suppose one day, someone will ask me, "Didn't you simply trade one habit for another by taking up vaping?" I look forward to answering that, yes, I most certainly had to get into the habit of looking at my wristwatch again.

Last edited:

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Most prominent, my entire sense of Time shattered when I began vaping. Previously, my life had been calibrated to the seven minutes needed to smoke a Parliament 100.... I suppose one day, someone will ask me, "Didn't you simply trade one habit for another by taking up vaping?" I look forward to answering that, yes, I most certainly had to get into the habit of looking at my wristwatch again.
Oh, Limner, I love this post. Though my experience of smoking is somewhat different, it's not hard to recognize some common truth in this! :D

Welcome and well done on exploring this switch off analogs. I was a smoker for just over 30 years and peaked at just under 4 packs a day. I knew I wanted to make a change but my addiction was less the nicotine than all the ritual associated with smoking. Just over 4 months ago I started with an ego twist starter kit. I smoked my last cigarette while pulling up the my local B&M for the egos and have not had the urge for an analog since. We replacew things that no longer benefit us more than they do harm. Instead of lighters and cigarette cases I now get all starry eyed over tanks or mods from vv/vw to mechanical. May your journey prove as satisfying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread