Almost 3 months...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainkeltoia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Maine
And I am SOOOO Happy! I started smoking when I was 16 (13 years ago) with clove cigarettes. I loved (and still love) the way they smell. I moved fairly quickly to standard camel cigarettes since at the time cloves were $6-7 a pack and camels were only... $3.50-4? and easier to get a hold of. I quit 3.5 years ago for a year and a half. After finally getting sick of my exs crap I divorced and started smoking again. Smoked for 2 more years until a friend and guildmate on World of Warcraft started talking to me about e-cigs. I'd looked into them once before after reading an article but it didn't go any further than that. My friend is a doctor and we chatted about the benefits, how they work, i quizzed her a million different times. In the course we found out that two other guildmates also vape. I went to her then vendor and got a Volcano kit. It came, and I quit smoking that afternoon, at 3pm on April 7, 2011. After a few frustrations due to mechanical failure (and crappy CS) and a nice PIF from her in the form of 4 batteries, a Blu charger and some cartridges, I was ready to go. I got myself set up and drove to visit my fiance in Nova Scotia. That was the true test, as he and his whole family are fairly heavy smokers. I never smoked in the house, but they do. I didn't bring any analogs with me, I threw out the last pack after I tried my first PV. I survived. His parents were interested, and he's interested. He's getting a FS510 gift kit I won. After that trip I decided the little batteries just weren't enough, talked to my guildmates and was referred to cignot for an Ego-T. I got myself one, and ended up being directed to here via a link to a story that was posted on here about health benefits of ecig etc etc. And now I'm here. 3 months towards forever. Of course I get a few questions like "you're going to cut down the nicotine and not do that either, right?" and whatnot, but I don't really plan on it. Nicotine is good for me, keeps me sane, and I enjoy vaping. But I feel better than I did before by a million percent and I'm looking forward to helping my fiance be healthier too. Thanks to this forum I've learned TONS and I've been able to fix the small problems I've had, and meet some amazing people. I love it here, and I adore vaping. :vapor:

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
((hug))! :D very happy to have gone 3 months. plus side I love being able to taste summer food so well! downside... went to a local fair and I could taste how bad the food was LOL

The good with the bad....LOL I gained weight when I quit....everything taste so darn good now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread