Not open for further replies.

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Oh! I didn't realize that! I purchased mine from ecigsupply - but at the time of the post (and still) - they were/are out of stock. I had noticed while perusing about that boxmods had them - but I didn't notice their method of payment.:blink:

Well I was all set to order from boxmods until I realized I had to pay via paypal or money order. I wasn't patient enough to wait for an approval from paypal so I bought a Riva off of nhaler. The tracking info doesn't work but hopefully I'll be vaping by Saturday or Monday.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I wish atties were cheaper, especially since with the LR ones you seem to have a shorter lifespan. It doesn't seem like I'm saving any money from quitting, just swapping my addiction. Which, I guess is still better. Hospital bills and cancer and all that jazz...

Will I need to remove the wick to use the drip tip?

I don't know what you were paying for cigarettes in PA, but here the best I could find was $45 per carton. Let's say you were smoking a PAD; that would pay for your Riva kit in roughly a month.

Atties don't last forever, nor do the batteries--although I've found that the atties will hang around long past their expected life spans if you care for them reasonably and don't fry them (BTW, you can buy them in volume, which makes them noticeably cheaper per atty).

Speaking of life spans, you figure to have a longer one yourself, so long as you don't fall off the vaping wagon again--which is the factor folded into all that jazz. The cost of smoking vs. vaping can be estimated with fair accuracy, but the calculation breaks down when you attempt to hang a price tag on life itself.

What "wick" are you talking about? Drip tips are inserted into the atty where the cart would otherwise go, and you just feed it 2 or 3 drops whenever it needs it. I keep a bottle of juice in my shirt pocket, and on my desktop at work. After awhile you develop an intuitive sense of when it's time to refuel and do it without any thought.

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
The short answer is no, Derik. You don't have to do that. I've been dripping since nearly day #1, and the technique works fine, wick and all.

Having said that, I'm going to give this a try, sooner or later. I didn't even know those things were there, let alone that I'd see an improvement by getting rid of them.

Looks like something you'd want to do only with some magnification, good light and a resolve that you won't long bemoan destroying an atty, if that's how it turned out. Which it looks like it might.

Thanks much for digging that one up for me. I will try it eventually.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
Looks like something you'd want to do only with some magnification, good light and a resolve that you won't long bemoan destroying an atty, if that's how it turned out. Which it looks like it might.

Ah yup, you can certainly destroy an atty that way. I just did. :D

Yow, that wick stuff just gets all black and crudded up around the coil. I have pics, will get to posting them tomorrow. On the plus side, I now know exactly what a 510 atty looks like inside. :facepalm:

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I remember the feeling. The black drip tip was a snug fit into the LR atty, but once I got it all together it was a thing of beauty--and it blew my 510 away. All my e-juices took on a whole new, much richer flavor.

Sometime, you might want to try #34: Colored 510/901 Drip Tips

Congrats, good luck...:toast:

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
In stark contrast to the pristine filaments extracted by phee in the above video, this atty had been in use for quite a while. I was unable to completely remove the wick, as it was thoroughly fused to the coil. I assume the coil is wound around some sort of bakelite or porcelain core of some sort, and the core had become very brittle with repeated heat cycling, as it disintegrated with almost no effort.

destroyed51003.jpg

destroyed51007.jpg

destroyed51009.jpg

destroyed51011.jpg

destroyed51015.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread