Alternative to Wizard labs for DIY juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laserous

May 7, 2011
AL
Heya! Haven't been here for a long time so .. sorry for seeming noobish. I have used Wizardlabs since 2014 and just found out that they went out of business. I don't know where to buy supplies from now.

Does anyone have suggestions for a source on PG, VG, Nic, and flavorings?

Also.. does anyone have information on why WL closed? I'm super curious what happened.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Hey there. Yes, I was a loyal customer for a long time too. I was away from ECF for a good while and was so sad when I came back and saw all the vendors gone and all the new rules.

Here is a good blog for finding nic.

List of US Retailers Still Shipping 100mg Nicotine Base | E-Cigarette Forum

Here is a wonderful thread for finding out anything related to DIY.

Random DIY mixing and More

I would like to know also why they closed. The only thing I could find was Paypal had dropped them. Maybe someone will let "us" know. Sorry, if you already knew about these threads. Just trying to help. Don't ever feel bad about being noobish. Heck, I have been vaping for 9 years and still learn something new quite often. That is what makes ECF such a special place.

Good luck to you.
unnamed.gif

cookiebun

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Central Ohio
Heya! Haven't been here for a long time so .. sorry for seeming noobish. I have used Wizardlabs since 2014 and just found out that they went out of business. I don't know where to buy supplies from now.

Does anyone have suggestions for a source on PG, VG, Nic, and flavorings?

Also.. does anyone have information on why WL closed? I'm super curious what happened.

I like Bull City Flavors for flavors. I get my PG/VG from Amazon. Use the link Rat2chat2 posted for sources of nicotine.

I read somewhere that the guy who founded Wizard Labs left for some reason and that the people who were left just didn't have the same passion for it he did. I'd never noticed they took Paypal. Paypal doesn't do tobacco products.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rat2chat2

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Also.. does anyone have information on why WL closed?

John, the original owner, sold Wizard Labs several years ago, when his children didn't want to take over the business. The prices were then raised, the website was changed somewhat, the customer service never seemed the same, to me, etc. I think it just went downhill from there because of some of those changes. Even when they had their Closing Sales...they advertised 30% off, then 50% off...but the discounts were a lower % when you figured it out at Checkout. ;)

I only live about 45 miles from Wizard Labs, and would get orders really fast by mail. A neighbor worked part-time at a vape shop and would even pick up my orders sometimes...while he was there getting 55 gallon drums of PG and VG for the shop. That saved me a bunch of money, too. :)

Reactions: Rat2chat2

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Paypal doesn't do tobacco products.

Wizard Labs and the other vendors who carry flavorings, PG, VG, etc. sell/sold a lot of their products for many other uses, too....not just for DIY eliquids. Flavorings are used in baking, candy making, for flavored water, to make flavored shaved ice simple syrup, etc. A specific tobacco flavoring is even used to make a candy that's especially popular in Colorado. PG and VG are also used to make soaps, lotions, lip balms, hand sanitizer, etc....so there'd have been no problem with PP about selling them.

If they lost their PP account, maybe someone wasn't happy about some nic base they received...and filed a PP claim about it. That would've alerted them that WL had nicotine products for sale. IDK though.

amouthforwar

Jul 28, 2022
Hey there. Yes, I was a loyal customer for a long time too. I was away from ECF for a good while and was so sad when I came back and saw all the vendors gone and all the new rules.

Here is a good blog for finding nic.

List of US Retailers Still Shipping 100mg Nicotine Base | E-Cigarette Forum

Here is a wonderful thread for finding out anything related to DIY.

Random DIY mixing and More

I would like to know also why they closed. The only thing I could find was Paypal had dropped them. Maybe someone will let "us" know. Sorry, if you already knew about these threads. Just trying to help. Don't ever feel bad about being noobish. Heck, I have been vaping for 9 years and still learn something new quite often. That is what makes ECF such a special place.

Good luck to you. View attachment 976427

Thank you so much for this post omfg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread