The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Alternative websites to buy IRLB3034PBF?

Discussion in 'Modding Forum' started by Tymec, Aug 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tymec

Tymec Full Member

Aug 18, 2017
    So basically I live in Norway and I want to build a dual 18650 parallel mod and I was going to buy everything from eBay, but as I've read that there are many counterfeits, so I decided to buy parts from fasttech. But here comes the problem, you can't buy the IRLB3034PBF from fasttech. Does anyone know of a website that I could buy them from with low cost shipping as Digikey and Mouser have very expensive shipping.

2. Tymec

Tymec Full Member

Aug 18, 2017
    Also if I would for example buy the mosfets from eBay, what could be the worst case scenario with these mosfets malfunctioning?

3. david4500

david4500 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Hey Tymec. Search by part number over at http://octopart.com. Many times I've heard of people getting counterfeit components unfortunately from Ebay. A fake part may have poor performance and the component itself may produce excessive heat due to being a higher resistance (RDS ON).

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Tymec

Tymec Full Member

Aug 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  5. FoundYourVapes

FoundYourVapes Full Member

Dec 8, 2017
    I'm no expert, but often times when MOSFETs fail, they let all the current through. The whole point of using a mosfet is to avoid the button welding itself, and failing MOSFET is even worse. I know the risk is far smaller though, but really, you don't want the mod to fire in your pocket.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.