Alternatives to DNA Boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyTokes

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2014
Collegeville, PA
What are some alternatives to dna circuit boards for building box mods? Anyone know of a place to buy the cloned dna chips you'd find in a box mod from fast tech? I know of the OKR, OKL, Raptor and common voltage boost circuits that you could use, but is there anything that's similar to the DNA and made to be put into a box mod but not as expensive?

Ive made a couple 18650 mechanical mods but really wanna make a box mod, preferably something variable voltage/wattage.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
if youre going to pay that much for an authentic board though, id make sure it was reverse polarity protected so you dont accidentally fry that 50$ dna board :p

You would need the DNA40 for that and for $15 more (I think they are $65) that is a better choice......once it is confirmed they have the kinks worked out.

MonkeyTokes

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2014
Collegeville, PA

Thank you!!

I wasn't necessarily looking for a cloned DNA 30, just something else. The cloupor mini is only a few dollars more than a DNA 30 depending where you get it so making a box mod for over the cost of a preassembled device almost defeats the purpose aside from giving me something to do for a day :p

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Personally, I think it'll be awhile before all of the kinks are worked out of the dna40 boards. I love Evolv stuff and I own several dna 20's and 30's...plus one dna 40. I've never fried a board by putting the battery in backwards but I don't like the possibility. Especially having some VaporShark rDNA's that it seems the battery goes in opposite of any other devices I own.
All that being said, I think the yihi sx350 blows the Evolv chips away. It's a few dollars more, but it's an excellent, extremely stable and reliable chip.

MonkeyTokes

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2014
Collegeville, PA
Personally, I think it'll be awhile before all of the kinks are worked out of the dna40 boards. I love Evolv stuff and I own several dna 20's and 30's...plus one dna 40. I've never fried a board by putting the battery in backwards but I don't like the possibility. Especially having some VaporShark rDNA's that it seems the battery goes in opposite of any other devices I own.
All that being said, I think the yihi sx350 blows the Evolv chips away. It's a few dollars more, but it's an excellent, extremely stable and reliable chip.

Thank you for the info! Yihi is pretty much what I was looking for, an alternative to the DNA chips but still some what along the same lines with more options. Just ordered an sx350
And sx330 v3s. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread