Altsmoke BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've only begun vaping for about a month now. I started out with a Smokeless Image Volt setup, with 4 78mm 808 batteries, and also one of their newer 1300 mAH X2 808 batteries. The plan was to use the smaller bats for out and about and use the bigger battery (with it's passthru/charger) for home.

I quickly tired of having to pack and change the batteries of the smaller 78mm's. And I came to the realization that the larger X2 wasn't too big to take out and about with me out of the house. It easily lasts me all day until I get home, and then it goes onto the passthru/charger for the evening.

I'm already getting the itch to get my first mod. The Silver Bullet and BB caught my eye as being quality, reputable, and a standard of workmanship. Also, looks are important, and I prefer the black colors. And that button looks to be the max. I really feel like the side button would be more natural to me than the other Altsmoke models that have the top button.

The BB is my first choice. It really looks sexy and I'm drawn to its smaller, pocketable size. I would still be able to take my favorite vaping device with me everywhere. Unfortunately, they no longer make the passthru for it. :mad: (Shame):mad: And they are currently out of stock.

The Silver Bullet just looks like it would be too big and heavy. But I like just about everything else about it. I might like to get into some tanks, also, and the SB would probably handle one of those easier than the smaller BB.

Anybody use both that could give me some additional feedback?

Blaze

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2010
Kentucky
It all depends on what you consider to be "too big and heavy". The SB diameter wise is a hair bigger than a quarter, and (if memory serves) about 4-4.5 inches long. Altho not as "pocketable" as a BB, I prefer the 18650 mods to anything else simply due to the longevity of the batt life between charges (I'm a chain vaper). The SB definitely has some heft to it, but it's built like a tank, can take just about any abuse you can toss at it, and will probably will out live just about any mod out there. That being said, I never had a problem carrying it around in my pocket, it's not as big and heavy as it looks in pics :D

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I love my SB's with Phiniac tanks on them. The colored tanks are a perfect size match (circumference) for the tube and the clear ones are a tad smaller. Tallboys for the win, sandblasted, of course ;) Green Dragon for my green SB, Amber Unicorn for my red SB, clear Aquarius for my purple SB. Trying to decide now which Phiniac to get for the copper vein I bought today, they should be back open again in a day or two.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I love my SB's with Phiniac tanks on them. The colored tanks are a perfect size match (circumference) for the tube and the clear ones are a tad smaller. Tallboys for the win, sandblasted, of course ;) Green Dragon for my green SB, Amber Unicorn for my red SB, clear Aquarius for my purple SB. Trying to decide now which Phiniac to get for the copper vein I bought today, they should be back open again in a day or two.

I'll most likely end up getting both a SB and BB at some point. If it takes too long for the BB to get back in stock, I'll just get the SB first.

I've actually been looking at tanks to use. I do like the Phiniacs a lot. Which cartos brand do you use with the tall boy tanks? Punched or unpunched? I'm really liking the Ming Drip Tips, too.

Last edited:

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
It is my fault they are not in stock :(. I have been building so many Sb lately that I have slightly ignored the BB being out of stock. I was behind 3 weeks waiting on parts. As soon as the parts hit my door two weeks ago I have been buillding only SB. I am building some BB today though, I plan on making a delivery to Altsmoke Thursday. The order has some Silver Vein Omega as well. The chrome Omega will be back in stock next week :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread