AltSmoke Brick & Mortar Locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

kojul

Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
I was in Louisville for the weekend a few weeks ago and was looking for a B&M and the closest one to my hotel was AltSmoke. Hung out for a fews hours in the morning each day, great crew down there, really knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. So props to Laurel and Kevin and the two other guys whose names I don't remember.

When I got home, I popped into the Springdale store for a little bit, and I don't know if it was because I didn't have much time in there, but I just didn't get the same feeling of welcoming that I did at the Louisville store. Maybe everyone was having a crappy day or something, but I won't judge them based on a 15 minute visit, just pointing out a feeling.

I really do like the lounge setting though, it makes it more than just a store. It was cool to see that kind of environment that so many other B&M vapor shops lack. So keep it up AltSmoke.

rocks82

Supplier Associate
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Columbus
www.altsmoke.com
I was in Louisville for the weekend a few weeks ago and was looking for a B&M and the closest one to my hotel was AltSmoke. Hung out for a fews hours in the morning each day, great crew down there, really knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. So props to Laurel and Kevin and the two other guys whose names I don't remember.

When I got home, I popped into the Springdale store for a little bit, and I don't know if it was because I didn't have much time in there, but I just didn't get the same feeling of welcoming that I did at the Louisville store. Maybe everyone was having a crappy day or something, but I won't judge them based on a 15 minute visit, just pointing out a feeling.

I really do like the lounge setting though, it makes it more than just a store. It was cool to see that kind of environment that so many other B&M vapor shops lack. So keep it up AltSmoke.

I'm really glad you liked our Louisville location! We do have a great crew there!

I'm really sorry to hear you weren't as impressed with our Springdale location :( Springdale just opened up a few weeks ago. The employees are great there. From what I gather, it was a long day for them! Apologies that they were a bit wiped that day! Hopefully, we can make it up to you in the future.

Last edited:

weinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2012
ohio :-(
Canton needs a new layout. You want your expensive stuff in a location where every single person that comes in your store is forced to walk past them. If somebody is just coming in and picking a juice that they need real quick, they never even see the expensive shiney things because the cash register is on the wrong side of the counter.

rocks82

Supplier Associate
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Columbus
www.altsmoke.com
There are actually two registers open at the Canton store and both are directly next to hardware display cases. The liquid is at the bar area :)

We generally don't try to push any specific products on customers though. Typically, we try to match a customer with what their specific needs are based on when talking with them, even if it's not very shiny or expensive. However, we do keep all our products displayed openly. I'll pass along your suggestion to the Canton manager and the regional manager of that area though! Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

weinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2012
ohio :-(
Push? Nope

Just pointing out a basic retail Floorplan. If I never dropped a bottle of juice and chased it down the other end of the store, I've would have never known rebuildable atomizers and Vaporizers besides egos were available. But I don't tend to stay long do to the death metal playing on the television there, so I just usually get the five pawns that I know I like and check out.

rocks82

Supplier Associate
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Columbus
www.altsmoke.com
Altsmoke Gahanna, Ohio...went there today...LOVED IT!!!! I had to travel over an hour to get there...but it was worth it! Even though I wished you had a shop closer to me, like in Mansfield, Ohio lol But anyway...great clean place, knowledgeable, great service! Thanks..plan on going back...still hoping for one closer. lol

So great to hear that you enjoyed the store! Closer could happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread