New Philadelphia, OH
Our Second Location in Ohio
2460 N. High St, Columbus, OH 43202

storefront.jpg

inside1.jpg inside2.jpg

Our Soft Opening started on Tuesday.
Our present store hours are:
Monday - Saturday 10:00AM - 7PM EST

Receive 10% Off When you visit us in our Columbus Location.
Just let the guys know how awesome the wall clock is and let them know you saw this on ECF :p

So come check us out and hang out with other Vapor's in the area and us at AltSmoke :)

Don't forget to catch us on our AltSmoke Facebook Page for New Items, In Store Events, and other store openings!

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Yes, a juice testing station is a must. We have some other things in the work in the near future as well :p Our eliquid is limited at the moment (about 20 flavors)...but should be resolved in the next week or so :) If you have an atty it does make it easier to try them. A 'Vapor Lounge' is basically is a fancy word for a place that sells electronic cigarettes and has a place for people to converse.

The best thing about our physical storefront's is we don't do pressure sales. But instead we do guide the customer's based upon what they like and dislike. We then give our suggestions on what we believe they may like and do let people try different products. We've always had a 'be honest and upfront' approach with people, and that has translated in to great customer relationships. We would never steer customers in to buying something that would be unnecessary when simply swapping out an atomizer/cartomizer/battery for another type can make a world of difference.

So long answer short, it's just a place to come in, meet other people who vape, and get advice/suggestions on everything Ecig related :p

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This is a great idea and I hope it benefits your company. I've only been vaping for about 2 months, and been totally cigarette-free for all but the initial first week or so. These "alternative nicotine delivery devices" really can help you quit.

My first e-cig was one of those disposable devices from a convenience mart. It wasn't awful, but I knew there must be better quality ones available somewhere and that finding a good setup could actually work in stopping my nasty and unhealthy habit. I did research on the internet, but did wish that there was a hands-on storefront available besides just seeing a boxed kit at a department store or a mall kiosk. I wish your store had been available back then. I finally decided to get a starter 808 Volt kit from Smokeless Image. No regrets; a great company with quality products, great customer service, and fast shipping.

However, I quickly grew tired of the frequent need for battery changes for these small devices, and began researching mods with longer battery power and similar vendor traits as SI. I chose Altsmoke and got both a Silver Bullet and a BB. Again, no regrets. And both companies are from Ohio. Woot!

I hope that you consider selling e-juices from other vendors. There is only one from SI that I liked (and still use). I have tried juices from five other vendors. My tastes in juice seem to lean more towards rather uncommon, not run-of-the-mill type flavors, getting my ideas from reviews and users from e-cig forum. A juice tasting station comprised of several juice vendors would be totally awesome.
:vapor::toast::vapor:

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Visited the new store in Columbus today. I needed a replacement battery for my BB, so I used that as an excuse to make the 1 1/2 hour drive up I-71. I decided to take the scenic route once I was downtown on High Street. Interesting sights were to be seen as some sort of Gay Pride day was happening. My favorite was a very attractive girl who was topless but had body paint on to look as though she was wearing a top...gotta love that. :toast:

Anyway, finding the store was easy. I met Rob the owner, extremely nice and helpful guy. I had had a mishap with my BB :blush: last week, and although it still appeared to be working fine, I wanted it checked out. No 14500 batteries for the BB, tho :( I also was having an issue with my SB not working as efficiently as when new; Rob checked it and ended up replacing the entire device...now that was great customer service!! :)

The storefront is still a work in progress and there were not any mods available for display, but the grand opening is to happen later this month so rest assured the store should be better stocked. Large glass display case with Smokeless Image Volt hardware, E-juices from both Altsmoke and SI, Ego hardware, cartomizers, clearomizers, tanks, drip tips, etc.

I spent a good 2 hours discussing a multitude of topics, primarily about vaping. I ended up getting 3 Cherry Vape drip tips, a bottle of juice, and an extra wall charger for the Volt starter kit I am giving to a good friend. I had a really good visit and recommend anyone within driving distance to visit.

Vape on! :vapor:

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
It was definatenly a pleasure to meet you as well, and for people that are going to make a 1-2 hour drive to the store. You can look up the number on google under maps for the store and see if we have what you're looking for :p Would hate someone coming in from 2 hours away for a 14500 battery and not have it :oops: All the mods, batteries, etc will be stocked as we get them up on the site :p Still a lot of products to put in the store only have about 35ish% of everything there at the moment :p Wanted to feel out what people would be looking for first :p

We wanted to be open in the beginning of June, so rather than push it back until everything is stocked there we opened a tad bit early. The store is picking up pretty nicely as more people hear about it, I'm pretty confident it will do very well there. It's always a pleasure to meet new people, especially vapors and get to hear stories about how they started and understanding why they use the device they use :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Would hate someone coming in from 2 hours away for a 14500 battery and not have it :oops: there.

Wasn't really much of a problem for me. I was really looking for a reason to visit a real brick-and-mortar vaping store. I'm sure I will be making periodic visits in the future, because for me this is like being a kid in a candy store with so many goodies on display. :p

Sad to say, your website is out of my favorite battery. Was forced to order a couple from a competitor. :blush:

queerchameleon

Verified Member
May 20, 2012
ohio
Just started vaping a month ago. I can't believe Columbus now has a vape shop, cols born an raised here. I am so freaking excited. You guys going to have a booth at comfest (http://comfest.com/index.php ) this weekend ?You all just missed Columbus Pride weekend (http://www.columbuspride.org/ ) . Would have been a great time for a booth it is almost as big as comfest. Well can't wait to stop in on my way to work this week. Hope everything goes well for ya good luck :)

halopunker

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
New Philadelphia, OH
Thanks for the kind words, I saw a few floats pass by on High Street sometime during Saturday. Thanks for the booth recommendations I'll definitely check it out. I'm back in the middle of nowhere today and Columbus is a two hour trip out there, so I dont know if we'll actually have time to setup booths and all that stuff just yet. I'm moving out that direction in July so in the future may be a consideration. Thanks for the heads up though, we welcome suggestions as well :p

-Rob

queerchameleon

Verified Member
May 20, 2012
ohio

effigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Well, stopped by the store twice so far, and have to admit, i am impressed. Having the location literally 5 mins from my workplace is a dream come true. Anyone close to the area should, without a doubt, stop by. After vaping for over 2 years, it has gotten increasingly tiresome to keep doing the mailbox shuffle, awaiting the much needed packages.
Having a shop so close is great, but what makes this worth the travel for anyone, is the dedicated service. I literally felt as though i could easily spend the entire day there. It was basically a friendly conversation that went around new products, juice flavors and generalities about the new store. Of course it was centered around trying the juice flavors, looking and testing some new equipment, but it was effortless. Also, being able to buy a new piece of equipment and test it out in the lounge is great- unstead of unpacking the mail tape and seeing how bumps the package took on its way to your door.
I will be a weekly customer, maybe i will see you there.
Thanks again for a great store and a great location!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread