Am I a Victim of BOGEGATE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done Deal DR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I'm fairly happy with the taste right now, it has improved a bit since last night. Or I'm just geting used to it As I've read others state the top of the carto gets dry. I do some primer pulls but the very top pretty much stays dry. Do others just let this stay dry or do they periodically top it off?

Last edited:

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I'm fairly happy with the taste right now, it has improved a bit since last night. As I've read others state the top of the carto gets dry. I do some primer pulls but the very top pretty much stays dry. Do others just let this stay dry or do they periodically top it off?

If you've got a tank, I wouldn't worry about it. If you're using the carto alone, you'll need to top it off every so often. I usually go by the crackling noise. When it's not as loud, time to refill.

Neya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
MA
I say its the POS Boge Carto syndrome :) the phenomenon has been going on for some time now,, so glad I dont use filler type cartos anymore, just cant stand that filler taste even if its a good carto.

Not sure if this has anything to do with boge gate stuff as I'm not getting weird flavors. Maybe more to do with quality control in general.
I recently got my first boges, a box of LR & a box of SR.
My first time using LR, so I dont know what to expect.

Ripped into the LR, and vaped. Tastes fine. Goofing off testing atty's with a multimeter (one wasnt vaping so well, and tests out at 5.1ohms. wtf?) I decided to test my LR boge, which also tested funny - 3.1ohms. Errrrm....
So I made sure I opened the right box. Yeap. Marked LR. :facepalm:

GrannyM

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Saginaw, MI
Not sure if this has anything to do with boge gate stuff as I'm not getting weird flavors. Maybe more to do with quality control in general.
I recently got my first boges, a box of LR & a box of SR.
My first time using LR, so I dont know what to expect.

Ripped into the LR, and vaped. Tastes fine. Goofing off testing atty's with a multimeter (one wasnt vaping so well, and tests out at 5.1ohms. wtf?) I decided to test my LR boge, which also tested funny - 3.1ohms. Errrrm....
So I made sure I opened the right box. Yeap. Marked LR. :facepalm:

Did you deduct the resistance of the test leads?

Done Deal DR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I've been testing mine with my ProVari V2's and so far I haven't seen one off by more than 0.1 (3ohm reading 2.9ohm).

We'll see if that continues to be the case. I'm going to continue to try to grow my carto experience and hope I get better flavor, or I was actually stricken by the great BOGEGATE and my flavor will get better with a new ordered batch. Unfortunately it will take at least a few months to get through my current supply of cartos.

weinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2012
ohio :-(
Bogegate got me I believe. New batch, both condoms are the same size and one out of the three I have tried works well. The other two suck :censored:. Pretty upset. What are some good carts that work with tanks because Im not wasting any more money and juice on these horrible things. I just got turned on to cartos a couple weeks ago when I was on vacation and picked up some at a brick and morter shop for easy use while being out and a bout during vacation and those ones worked flawlessly. These new ones taste burnt and don't produce vapor, well kinda but not what I would expect.

Done Deal DR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I hear you 100% and wish I had an answer. When I slap a carto in there that's terrible it really ruins the experience. I put juice in until its at the top of the filler starting to pool, let it sit 20+ minutes, top it off again if necessary, then punch it and put it in a tank. I take 5-10 long and hard dry hits and then start firing it with low voltage and slowly work it up to my normal ~4.5-5.5 volts on a 3ohm carto. Even with all of that, doing exactly the same thing with the same exact juice, my experience is all over the board and that's BS IMO.

I should be able to have the same experience each time and there is no excuses for that. When they work right, they work great and I love the flavor, but when they don't it really just kills it. I've only had one that was DOA, but more than 2/3's have had serious flavor issues.

The Vivi Nova 2.5 I got works pretty well, but I'd say the flavor is a little muted and the draw isn't as satisfying as a good working carto IMO. BUT, and this is a large but, it seems to be much more reliable in it's performance, it's cheap, and very easy to use. You can even re wick/coil it, though I don't have experience with that as I'm still on my first of 3 provided atomizers. There is one other inconsistency I found, I used the atomizer labeled 2.4 ohm, connected it to the ProVari and it reads 2.8 ohms. Not a problem for my ProVari, that's in the sweet spot for a ProVari, but it's not what it is labeled at. People using it on a Twist or other devices that can't read (or effectively read) ohms on load wouldn't know this and might be running it at an improper wattage for their juice. I've also read of issues with the connector protruding down too far, however mine is perfectly level.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
I hear you 100% and wish I had an answer. When I slap a carto in there that's terrible it really ruins the experience. I put juice in until its at the top of the filler starting to pool, let it sit 20+ minutes, top it off again if necessary, then punch it and put it in a tank. I take 5-10 long and hard dry hits and then start firing it with low voltage and slowly work it up to my normal ~4.5-5.5 volts on a 3ohm carto. Even with all of that, doing exactly the same thing with the same exact juice, my experience is all over the board and that's BS IMO.

I should be able to have the same experience each time and there is no excuses for that. When they work right, they work great and I love the flavor, but when they don't it really just kills it. I've only had one that was DOA, but more than 2/3's have had serious flavor issues.

The Vivi Nova 2.5 I got works pretty well, but I'd say the flavor is a little muted and the draw isn't as satisfying as a good working carto IMO. BUT, and this is a large but, it seems to be much more reliable in it's performance, it's cheap, and very easy to use. You can even re wick/coil it, though I don't have experience with that as I'm still on my first of 3 provided atomizers. There is one other inconsistency I found, I used the atomizer labeled 2.4 ohm, connected it to the ProVari and it reads 2.8 ohms. Not a problem for my ProVari, that's in the sweet spot for a ProVari, but it's not what it is labeled at. People using it on a Twist or other devices that can't read (or effectively read) ohms on load wouldn't know this and might be running it at an improper wattage for their juice. I've also read of issues with the connector protruding down too far, however mine is perfectly level.
I'm pretty much sharing your experience right here and the frustration is unbelievable!! I'm constantly searching for another delivery method, Atty's are terrible for me, so now I'm thinking bottom feeder w/an atty.
My vivi nova is great for a couple days but then time to change that head again. When I do have a boge that works it's 5days of vape bliss. I just need a sign that this vape will get better again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread