Am I the only one who prefers top coil over bottom coil clearos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Hank-1.jpg

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
My number one go to is a Vivi Nova with a rebuilt cotton roll wick and coil. The flavor is amazing and the wicking performance is great. The only bottom coil that I liked the flavor on are Evods, but they don't seem to last long before I have to replace the heads on them. I still need to work on rebuilding those but haven't gotten around to it yet. Plus One Vote for Top Coils! :)

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
My number one go to is a Vivi Nova with a rebuilt cotton roll wick and coil. The flavor is amazing and the wicking performance is great. The only bottom coil that I liked the flavor on are Evods, but they don't seem to last long before I have to replace the heads on them. I still need to work on rebuilding those but haven't gotten around to it yet. Plus One Vote for Top Coils! :)

yep putting the cotton in there certainly helps the wicking...also coiling them you get to pick resistance...i've recoiled bcc's also and its more or less the same process i just find that whole thing a bit harder because you have flavor wicks and if you dont get it just right you are going to have flooding...the top coils take what they need and you dont get the wick sitting in juice for hours on end

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
I hate top coil, and I hate bottom coil...as they come.

I love bottom coils after a rewick/recoil to my liking. When I buy new heads for my Protanks, I won't even bother putting it in until after I've removed the stock wick/coil, and redone it. On the stock wick/coil, I can get maybe 8 watts before getting dry hits. After I've rewicked/recoiled them, I can hit 14-15 watts with no dry taste, no gurgling, no flooding, and no leaking. I have yet to find a top coil that can keep up with that.

nicetucu

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Salem, Oregon
I like a warmer thick vape so no you're not alone. The only top coil device I have is a couple of iclear 30's that seem to suck up juice like no tomorrow.

But they taste pretty good and you get some great pulls off of it. Downside tends to destroy the juice at the near bottom (which is more waste lol). I may try dripping for a while, but carto tanks (slotted by me) seem to work awesome for the time being.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
I acquired 2 vivi novas a few months ago and honestly set them aside not wanting to even try them. I finally got curious enough to break them out and start using them. I am impressed with the flavor I get from these. For certain liquids, they are wonderful. However, they are a PITA to keep the wicks wet to keep from burning. I use my vivi novas and kanger T3's side-by-side and when my Kangers are working, nothing outpasses their performance to me, not even a pro tank. The problem is all clearos are temperamental and fussy and the best way to get the maximum performance from them is to wrap your own coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread