Am I the only one .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedgunner

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Plymouth MN, USA
Who didn't have any problems, and is satisified with the original rig they purchased?

The first and only rig I bought was a kamry k-1000 e-pipe with a couple of PT2s.
No problems, still on the original coils and not looking for more.

Everything I've read is about fiddling with this or getting a bigger and better that.
Have I just been incredably lucky?

Bramble

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Utah
I'm happy with my original kit too. Just a lil eGo thingy :) I'm focusing a lot on flavors!

IMG_20140131_141814.jpg

HighEnergyProton

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
Germany
Still on my Ego twist with my protank 2 mini :D I have a savings thingy for a new battery, I'm playing with fire here by only having one :danger: But I had a few hits and misses with tanks, went from the ce4 to the Evod to the vivi nova and a few others. I'm making my own coils and really happy with my vaping. If it works it works!

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
You are definitely one of the few that is satisfied with their original purchase.

However, many of us do not feel the need to constantly buy more and more and bigger and bigger to be satisfied. A good analogy is like car owners. Most people are happy driving the car they bought, exactly as they bought it without ever changing a thing. Some people like to get a few personalized options, like tires and rims, aftermarket stereo, window tint, etc... And then you get into the hardcore enthusiast who is happiest while working on cars. They want to tear them apart and rebuild them, add all sorts of new mods, etc..

Most of the people who regularly visit forums are members of that last group. They are the enthusiasts who love to tinker, and who have turned this into a hobby. However, it's always good to keep in mind that they are a small minority of overall users, most people are perfectly satisfied without going to the levels they do.

Just as most people are totally satisfied with their car without having to change their entire suspension, drive shaft, and supercharge the engine on their blue Mustang....

KrisAinTX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Central Texas
Who didn't have any problems, and is satisified with the original rig they purchased?

The first and only rig I bought was a kamry k-1000 e-pipe with a couple of PT2s.
No problems, still on the original coils and not looking for more.

Everything I've read is about fiddling with this or getting a bigger and better that.

I was thrilled with my original stuff... for about 2 months. Then I went back to analogs for a few months. After that, progression of devices until I got into rebuilding and mechanical mods.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
OP: congrats on finding a setup that does everything you need. :toast:

It's clear that you're not the gear hobbyist that many people in this forum are. No problem. Places like ECF - online enthusiast forums - tend to attract the vocal practitioner, so what you see is a disproportionate amount of post space given to what drives them. It could very well be that 90% of people using ECF (including never-registered lurkers) are like you - you just won't see many (if any) making posts.

One of the many great things about vaping is that it does address a very broad audience and has this deep hobbyist vein. I never so much as rolled my own cigarettes or even bought a nice lighter, but I now build my own coils and internally debate metal finish style on upcoming purchases.

So you rock that pipe for as long as you like. If and when you want to switch to something else, you know you'll get support (and opinions... lots of opinions) here.

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not that I didn't like my original purchase but I've invested in a several different upgrades just to be on the safe side. No way will I ever go back to smoking and I want to be prepared for equipment failure. I've got back-ups for my back-ups, extra glass for the pro tanks, wick and wire in case I need to (or want to) rebuild, etc. Yes, it's been a huge investment but worth the peace of mind. When I was smoking I took measures to make sure I didn't run out of cigarettes so this isn't very different in that respect.

pinkythereddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
Fort Collins, CO
OP: You're not the only one! I'm pretty content with my set up that I have currently although you may find yourself buying one more tank and battery so you have a back up battery when the other needs charging. You will need to buy some new replacement coils though down the line.

I've only been vaping for about 3 weeks now and I'm totally content with my mini PT2 set up. As you go on, you may start getting into rebuilding with cotton or getting another tank but if whatever works for you works for you!

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
No. You are just skilled at vaping. :D I'm with you my friend. I have recently graduated from ecigs to some cheap egos and a ProVari (or anything else) is not on my wish list. I do respect the enthusiasts who have pioneered this industry though.

My challenge now is to see how far I can push the financial "savings" aspect of this vaping as compared to the analogs I burned up all those years. I am so tight I can pick up a nickel with my ... cheeks on a freshly waxed gymnasium floor. (So says Mrs. K anyway).

I will have a beach house in Jamaica by Summer.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I've been vaping for 3 years. I originally bought a joye 510 kit and an ego kit. and those are the models I still use. I did move from the carts to a clear cart type thing. I also drip a lot.
I believe in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". these work for me, I like them and never saw a need to change. I do have a mod, which I will use at some point on a regular basis. I originally got it in case I can no longer find or get the 510s and egos or the clear carts I like (which btw nobody else seems to like). plus I am a big backup person and so I have lots of egos and 510 batteries to use up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread