Am I vaping too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingOfKool

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Pennsylvania State
When my prodigys switch went bad i had to go back to analog cigarettes. when i bought a pack i smoked the whole pack in under 2 hours. that equals like 8 packs a day when i used to be only a 2 pack a day smoker. have i been using the prodigy so much my nicotine levels are that high to be equal to 8 packs a day?

Nope, you are smoking too much 8-o

I would recommend having plenty of backup hardware.

When I bought my Prodigy, I also ordered the Pass Through, for that exact reason. I consider the pass through as my spare tire in case I get a flat. Luckily, no flat yet.

I also have a 901 and Pen kit for backup, backup up in case my primary fails and my backup fails. Not to mention 5 sets of batteries and 2 chargers for my Prodigy.

ProfessorDaffy

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Acme Looniversity
Nope, you are smoking too much 8-o

I would recommend having plenty of backup hardware.

When I bought my Prodigy, I also ordered the Pass Through, for that exact reason. I consider the pass through as my spare tire in case I get a flat. Luckily, no flat yet.

I also have a 901 and Pen kit for backup, backup up in case my primary fails and my backup fails. Not to mention 5 sets of batteries and 2 chargers for my Prodigy.

Yeah, that smokin's gonna kill ya.

I also recommend picking a model you like best and building up. I had too many different models lying around. I'm kinda focused on the 510 now. It's comforting to know I've got two extra batteries and 5 atomizers that I carry around in my laptop back and forth to work, so they're always handy. Don't need 'em (I'm getting over a month on an atomizer and close to 5 months on a battery). But they're there.

Another trick is to get someone at work vaping the same model. If their battery dies, I'll give them one of mine and vice versa. Also comes in handy if one of you forgets the juice! You can also go in on orders and save shipping charges.

Okay, so it's a little more complicated and bumming a smoke, but it does help to bring us all together!

--Prof Daffy
P.S. It's also good to have a Chinese vendor to get parts and juice on the cheap, and a US vendor to get it to you quick!
P.P.S. My rule is to start each month with at least two spare batteries and two new atomizers. As I use up the stock I replace them. If I'm stocked up, I just spend the money on extra juice.

justrubl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2008
Houston, Texas, United States
You know....my husband tells me I am insane with the amount of stuff I have but I have had more stuff fail. I know that the stuff I have is great stuff but anything can happen.
And yes, I will admit I do have a little bit much, and some if it is just because it is cool but he asked me the other day why I got in on a bulk sale of 20 atties and I told him it was because I had 3 blow in 20 minutes then one last 2 months. Even with the big improvements on the big mods...things happen....when I got my silver bullet I had no idea about the noalox until it seized and I had to send it in for repair. I was totally lost for a week so now I have 3. (yeah I know...a little insane)

And yes, I will admit I do have a little bit much, so now I have 3. (yeah I know...a little insane)

My Dad called me a short time after I left his house one day and told me I left my vape stuff there, a case with 2 batteries, 2 atomizers and some juice. I told him, no problem, I will pick it up next time I'm there.

That is one reason I insist on having too much stuff!

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Alabama
I am pretty new to vaping, but I am finding that letting myself enjoy it and not being so hard on myself about how much I'm having is helping me cope with quitting cigarettes. I actually quit analogs in 1 day with only 1 mess up. (part of a marlboro red that i chucked aside because I didn't want it.)

I don't even want an analog anymore. I crave my e-cig! I am not rushing quitting, but I am looking at the possibility that getting more attached to my electronic could let me move down to 0 mg smoke juice and even still have the enjoyment of the activity. (My Kryptonite is wanting to go do something to relax and since i started smoking when I was 14, that is the biggest one!)

Don't beat yourself up too much about how much you vape, I say. You could be burning the price of half a bottle of decent liquid and inhaling chemicals you're not even sure of. You are doing good with your e-cig! Enjoy!

535cheetah

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Fenton, michigan
lmao .... while yes, im sure its a good idea to have extra vaping equip....

i dont even have my e-cig yet and i can tell ya your not vaping to much, whether VP's absorb less nicotine in your lungs then analog or not... its pretty much all in your head!!! the reason you smoked those analogs so quick is because you were a heavy smoker before.. and you were prolly telling yourself "this is just a temporary thing" "ill be back to vaping in no time" so you let yourself go and smoked one after another till those analogs were gone in a cpl hours. maybe because of the buzz, maybe because of the good ol feelin you got of it. so i wouldnt worry to much .... just reallllly pace those analogs out till you get back to vaping.

i know exactly what your goin through ... im a 2 pack a day guy myself, i had quit for a week cold turkey, somethin happened and i ended up with a pack of smokes and i smoked them babies down in a few hours that day too. not that i "needed the nicotine" just that i wanted to smoke or whatever my unconsious mind was telling me to do.

Mordred

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
When my prodigys switch went bad i had to go back to analog cigarettes. when i bought a pack i smoked the whole pack in under 2 hours. that equals like 8 packs a day when i used to be only a 2 pack a day smoker. have i been using the prodigy so much my nicotine levels are that high to be equal to 8 packs a day?

Hard to say, of course, but not necessarily.

Two things:

1) Vaping is different from smoking when it comes to the technique. When vaping, you take (very) long drags. Obviously, doing this with an analog makes you go through them a lot faster.

2) Depending on the situation, I would sometimes go through a pack in 2 hours too (and I was 2 packs a day)

So meh, maybe you ARE vaping too much, but I don´t think you´d be at 8 packs a day. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread