Status
Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I've had one bottle each from the 2 recent batches of WTA DIY. Love em.

I'm currently devouring my first ever bottle of WTA infused Dark Honey tobacco. Lovve it.

Question.
Is the amount/ratio/percentage of WTA's in the infused Red Tail line the same as that in the DIY?
Not asking for "If I tell you I'll have to kill you" exact numbers or recipes or such.

Inquiring minds can even be found in mindless appearing folks like meself! (-:

homeprogreen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Sonora CA
I've had one bottle each from the 2 recent batches of WTA DIY. Love em.

I'm currently devouring my first ever bottle of WTA infused Dark Honey tobacco. Lovve it.

Question.
Is the amount/ratio/percentage of WTA's in the infused Red Tail line the same as that in the DIY?
Not asking for "If I tell you I'll have to kill you" exact numbers or recipes or such.

Inquiring minds can even be found in mindless appearing folks like meself! (-:

It's all done with a fairly simple formula. You take bottle volume divided by x times b then divid by a times the sq root of pi and you arrive at here you better have a cookie

homeprogreen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Sonora CA
image.jpg forgot to send the cookie

homeprogreen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Sonora CA
Them whut knows is either:
A) Working in the lab making more WTA.
B) Running away from all things WTA related so as to take a break.
C) Laughing at the fact that someone is actually asking the question and thinking they might get a straight-faced answer!

I'm goin' with C for the now.

I'm leaning towards C myself since your post isn't the 1st time I've seen this question asked

lctrc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2010
VA
I think the ratio of nicotine to minor alkaloids is roughly the same regardless of the amount of nicotine: 95%-ish nicotine to 5%-ish alkaloids is a figure I've seen often. So it would follow that the amount of alkaloids in the 24mg unflavored is the same as in 24mg flavored?

But really I gave up trying to figure it out a long time ago, and just use flavored...

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I think the ratio of nicotine to minor alkaloids is roughly the same regardless of the amount of nicotine: 95%-ish nicotine to 5%-ish alkaloids is a figure I've seen often. So it would follow that the amount of alkaloids in the 24mg unflavored is the same as in 24mg flavored?

But really I gave up trying to figure it out a long time ago, and just use flavored...

Thanks for the thoughts lctrc.
I wondered if p'raps the unflavored DIY we're buying is the same base Aroma is using for the Red Tail line of liquids.
If so then I'd think the WTA would be marginally less simply due to the volume taken up with flavorings. ?

I need another cookie.

homeprogreen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Sonora CA
Thanks for the thoughts lctrc.
I wondered if p'raps the unflavored DIY we're buying is the same base Aroma is using for the Red Tail line of liquids.
If so then I'd think the WTA would be marginally less simply due to the volume taken up with flavorings. ?

I need another cookie.
I'm pretty sure the unflavored we are getting is the same base for the WTA infused juices in both lines. That's why we couldn't get unflavored for so long. Wasnt enough being produced to cover all the infused flavors plus offer it unflavored image.jpg image.jpg

DVap

Nicotiana Alchemia
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
The flavored WTA line is different than the DIY WTA.

When you buy 15 mL of 24 mg DIY WTA, you're getting the following mixture:

0.36 grams (360 mg) of WTA extracted from tobacco plus vaping base added to bring the total volume to 15 mL. When you divide 360 mg by 15 mL, you get 24 mg/mL. Assuming the oft quoted 95/5 ratio of nicotine to minor alkaloids in WTA, this gives 22.8 mg/mL of nicotine and 1.2 mg/mL of minor alkaloids. The source of both the nicotine and the minor alkaloids is the tobacco extraction.

The flavored WTA line will contain a percentage of WTA (nicotine and minor alkaloids) and a percentage of non-WTA nicotine. So in the case of a 24 mg flavored liquid, it might contain (and this is just an example), 60% WTA and 40% nicotine. The result of this mix would be:

WTA: 24 mg * 0.6 = 14.4 mg/mL
Added Nicotine: 24 mg * 0.4 = 9.6 mg/mL

For a total of 24 mg/mL (14.4 mg/mL + 9.6 mg/mL)

We can further divide this mix based on the 95/5 WTA assumption:

Nicotine from WTA = 14.4 mg/mL * 0.95 = 13.68 mg/mL
Minor alkaloids from WTA = 14.4 mg/mL * 0.05 = 0.72 mg/mL
Added nicotine = 9.6 mg/mL

For a total of 24 mg/mL (13.68 mg/mL + 0.72 mg/mL + 9.6 mg/mL)

"But I'm getting fewer actual minor alkaloids with the flavored WTA", you might say. True, but you're paying less per mL versus unflavored WTA as well. The flavored WTA's are designed to work as "all day" vapes.

homeprogreen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Sonora CA
The flavored WTA line is different than the DIY WTA.

When you buy 15 mL of 24 mg DIY WTA, you're getting the following mixture:

0.36 grams (360 mg) of WTA extracted from tobacco plus vaping base added to bring the total volume to 15 mL. When you divide 360 mg by 15 mL, you get 24 mg/mL. Assuming the oft quoted 95/5 ratio of nicotine to minor alkaloids in WTA, this gives 22.8 mg/mL of nicotine and 1.2 mg/mL of minor alkaloids. The source of both the nicotine and the minor alkaloids is the tobacco extraction.

The flavored WTA line will contain a percentage of WTA (nicotine and minor alkaloids) and a percentage of non-WTA nicotine. So in the case of a 24 mg flavored liquid, it might contain (and this is just an example), 60% WTA and 40% nicotine. The result of this mix would be:

WTA: 24 mg * 0.6 = 14.4 mg/mL
Added Nicotine: 24 mg * 0.4 = 9.6 mg/mL

For a total of 24 mg/mL (14.4 mg/mL + 9.6 mg/mL)

We can further divide this mix based on the 95/5 WTA assumption:

Nicotine from WTA = 14.4 mg/mL * 0.95 = 13.68 mg/mL
Minor alkaloids from WTA = 14.4 mg/mL * 0.05 = 0.72 mg/mL
Added nicotine = 9.6 mg/mL

For a total of 24 mg/mL (13.68 mg/mL + 0.72 mg/mL + 9.6 mg/mL)

"But I'm getting fewer actual minor alkaloids with the flavored WTA", you might say. True, but you're paying less per mL versus unflavored WTA as well. The flavored WTA's are designed to work as "all day" vapes.

Thanks for taking the time to explain it Dvap. I know a few of us have always wondered about this. I knew it was less just wasnt sure of the breakdown. Even with less alkaloids it still works good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread