Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
If your "exhibitor set the power at 60 watt" it was not a mechanical vaporizer. With a mech, the only way to change the power applied to the coil is rebuild the coil itself. But you have learned something valuable: 60 watts is higher than you want to go. Welcome to the board.

Watt1010

Nov 9, 2017
If your "exhibitor set the power at 60 watt" it was not a mechanical vaporizer. With a mech, the only way to change the power applied to the coil is rebuild the coil itself. But you have learned something valuable: 60 watts is higher than you want to go. Welcome to the board.
Oh, le
Much vaping experience you had gotten.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF, and if you enjoyed that vape, that's great as there are tons of regulated mods you can use and for a new vaper, they are far safer.

Welcome to ECF, keep asking questions and you'll get the hang of things. Hope you enjoy your stay here... The new members information forum (it's right above this one when you enter) may be useful to you, as well. Tons of pinned helpful threads. Good luck!

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I totally agree with suprtrker. A mechanical mod is basically just a battery holder with a fire button and connection for the atomizer -- no electrical chip. The only way to adjust the vape is to use a different resistance coil in the atomizer.

A regulated mod has all of the above, but also contains a computer chip. This allows you much more freedom to adjust your vaping experience on the fly, will have built-in battery voltage and coil resistance meters, and protection circuity which makes vaping much safer than a mech.

Since you are so new to vaping, I recommend that you browse the titles in my blog, located in the link below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread