An introduction, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiox

Apr 18, 2009
United Kingdom
Hello Adam and welcome to the ECF :)

A good starting point would be if you share some details about your smoking habits so the people around here could recommend a suitable solution. And another thing is if you would like a device which resembles a normal cigarette or no. Anyway if you have any questions I would be happy to help as much as I could

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
I'm new too and have only tried Blu disposables and the Blu starter kit. It did get me off of analog cigarettes (Yay!), but I quickly became frustrated with the short battery life and inconsistent vapor and flavor. The disposables delivered better than the starter pack. It does look and feel similar to a cigarette and I thought that was important to me at first. I have now decided that battery life is way more important and will be getting something bigger soon.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome to ECF , and there are several good choices for your first PV (personal vaporizer)
A lot of people on here recommend an ego , or an Ego clone , such as a Riva , Tornado , etc . Another inexpensive choice would be an E-Power kit . It's similar in Price to an Ego , but uses batteries that are cheaper to replace than the Ego style , and actually put out a bit more voltage . JMHO

Last edited:

CheckBit

Sep 23, 2011
Conover, NC
Many new folks, myself included, start with the Joye 510 mainly because it is a familiar size. The down side to this is a short (rechargeable) battery life of around two hours depending on how heavily you use it. This often leads to the Joye eGo or a clone which not only has an extended battery life but also a larger reservoir for e-juice. Either one is a good starting point and some folks stick with them for their vaping needs. Other people move on to high voltage mods as they learn more about what's available to them. So vaping is not only a method to quit smoking but can also turn into a hobby of sorts for those if us that like to tinker with things. :)

You will find plenty of knowledgeable and friendly folks here on ECF. Welcome aboard!

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
welcome_to.gif

bsb111

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Hello Adam,

I you are looking for information then you came to the right place. Just my 2 cents worth - do some research, make a decision and get to vaping. I am a noob myself, (only 30 days analogue free but counting) do know that I wish I had "discovered" vaping much sooner. (BTW, this is a very good forum.)

Good luck to you.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Welcome Adam. My advice would be to get a PV that is at least 3.7v and at least 650 mah. The ego or Riva would fit in that catagory as an example. Anything less than that you probably will be dissatisfied with and move up to something else. Also, after you decide what PV you want, but lots of extra everything, attys, cartos, batteries and lots and lots of juice. If you run out of something you may be tempted to run to the store for a pack of cigs until your supplies arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread