An Introduction - New to the world of vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO Kyle

Jun 17, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Hi everyone at ECF!

My name is Kyle and I am from Toronto, Canada. I just got my first mod in the mail on friday afternoon, and have been learning how it all works and trying out all the flavours in a taster pack I ordered with it!

I have been smoking for a few years, and there were periods where i smoked more heavily, but mostly a very light smoker until after a few 'beverages' haha. I decided to make the switch after a business meeting in which the owner of the company casually took his device and had a quick vape. After a few days of research and cruising around ECF I ordered a joyetech eVic Supreme and topped her off with a Kanger Aerotech Mega for some capacity as I knew I would fall in love with vaping.

I just wanted introduce myself to everyone (and get started on my 5 post min. haha). After reading many threads on ECF I have gotten a very strong sense of the community bond, friendliness, and inclusiveness that everyone here seems to practice in their postings! I am not new to forums, and hope to be a contributing member of the ECF community!

Thank you all for having me,

Kyle

** Will post pics when I'm allowed to post links.

Greg__B

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ottawa, ON Canada
I wish I'd bit the bullet and just started with a bigger mod type kit right from the start. Went through so many setups before I started to find what worked for me. Lately it's been an MVP 2. For a tank it's been a protank 2 with an airflow control valve as an extra attachment. Best advice I can give is just to be patient. There's a lot, and I mean A LOT, of trial and error with vaping. But it's totally worth it in the long run.

Sent from Mars using my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator.

Cricket1

Jun 23, 2014
Calgary
Hey Kyle. Another Canadian new to the forum. I bought an "Intermediate EVOD Starter Kit". Works well, though it is a bit finicky to load. Will probably upgrade eventually, but purchasing stuff seems a bit cloak and dagger at least in my city.

I find I can do it in my office, so long as it is a mint flavour and I do not exhale. I do not think anyone has noticed yet.

First week, down from a pack to 10 per day. This week, going down to 5-6. Hope to be done this smoking the end of the month (after 30 years!).

Nightowl1984

Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Good luck on your journey to quit smoking! It's rough but you can do it! I did it over a year ago with the help of vaping and I couldn't be happier being smoke free. You'll be surprised at how many tastes and smells come back into your life! Hang in there bud! We're all pullin for you! Welcome to the forums! Also.. nice avatar :p

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA
I wish I'd bit the bullet and just started with a bigger mod type kit right from the start. Went through so many setups before I started to find what worked for me. Lately it's been an MVP 2. For a tank it's been a protank 2 with an airflow control valve as an extra attachment. Best advice I can give is just to be patient. There's a lot, and I mean A LOT, of trial and error with vaping. But it's totally worth it in the long run.

Sent from Mars using my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator.

Oh God, I wish I found ECF before I wasted all that money! As noted, vaping can be a lot of trial and error, but it seems like you are off to a good start. Welcome to ECF!

OVO Kyle

Jun 17, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Best advice I can give is just to be patient. There's a lot, and I mean A LOT, of trial and error with vaping. But it's totally worth it in the long run.

It definitely has been interesting to learn / be learning about the science/electrical engineering behind how the devices work! I will definitely keep the patience in mind, thanks for the advice!

Hey Kyle. Another Canadian new to the forum. I bought an "Intermediate EVOD Starter Kit". Works well, though it is a bit finicky to load. Will probably upgrade eventually, but purchasing stuff seems a bit cloak and dagger at least in my city.

I find I can do it in my office, so long as it is a mint flavour and I do not exhale. I do not think anyone has noticed yet.

First week, down from a pack to 10 per day. This week, going down to 5-6. Hope to be done this smoking the end of the month (after 30 years!).

There is a new e-cigarette store in my town just outside downtown Toronto and i was glad to read the reviews on here about how poor their products and services were. I then went to the internet and found many dealers that also have e-commerce stores and will ship next day or same day. Congrats for being able to cut down! and good luck on your journey to make a very positive change in your life (and wallet!):laugh:

i did everything inbetween lol but i wish i knew then what i did now and bought a decent setup lol
Haha that is exactly what i figured i would think in some time, if i had bought a very simple setup.

Then again hindsight is always 20/20 :2cool:.

Good luck on your journey to quit smoking! It's rough but you can do it! I did it over a year ago with the help of vaping and I couldn't be happier being smoke free. You'll be surprised at how many tastes and smells come back into your life! Hang in there bud! We're all pullin for you! Welcome to the forums! Also.. nice avatar :p

Thanks so much! Now I can get addicted to the Vaping lifestyle :vapor:.
After only a few days with my eVic supreme I have realized that I can have the benefits of smoking without the medical or 'lifestyle' downsides (such as going outside to smoke in the coldest of winter up here in canada haha or my suits smelling like cigarettes). I guess all there is to say is RIP Analogs :laugh:

Anni57

Feb 1, 2014
Idaho Falls Idaho
Congrats on Quitting!
anni.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread