Analog Free 13 days and Hi Have a quick question...I think??? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

algriff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Yonkers, NY
So, another noobie here..lol. Have not had a analog in 13 days and loving vaping!! Scary how I've smoked for 21 years and I don't miss is one bit!!

I have one question, and please let me know if I'm in the wrong section. I know there are several mods out there. Now I have to say I do get a bit lost when everyone starts talking about voltage and ohms.
The one thing I know is I really like the warm vaping (more vape the better in my eyes). Can anyone make a suggestion for a good mod for home use mainly? Once again if I'm in the wrong section for this I aplogize. Below is the reasoning behind my question.

So, I bought a Bloog (maxx fusion). Not bad I guess for a starter e-cig but what ended up happening was they where back ordered on the maxx fusion batteries and they sent me there original fusion batteries. They worked fine for about a week and now neither battery (2) hold a charge. I went down to my local tobacco shop and bought a disposable e-cig (Gamucci). The gamucci ended up being compatible with the carts of the bloog. So I thought GREAT I could use the carts with this till I get my maxx fusion batteries. Only problem is I'm finding the vapor production WAY better then even with the fusion battery. I have to assume that the maxx fusion batteries will produce the same vapor. I'll know today when I get the new maxx fusion batteries. I'm just concerned that they will not produce the same vape as with the disposable battery. Which would really be bad.

My god, sorry I went crazy there with this post..ahahha. Either way, loving the site so far been amazing as far as helping me out.

Thanks!!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Maxx Fusion is a different threading btw. KR808D-1 threading like Vapor4Life. Fusion is KR808D-2, the incompatible model rebranders like to use. KR808D-1 is the model supported by carto makers for new kinds of cartos, for adaters, etc.

I don't know which will be warmer. I do know auto batteries are more prone to being killed or damaged by juice leaks so try not to get juice on the end of your batteries.

More vapor - just a bit of VG. lot of VG will dampen the TH and the flavor. Try 80pg/20vg or 70pg/30vg juices.

Re mod for at home - for the Bloog cartos? There are no mods with fusion threading (KR808D-2). What are you looking for? The standard warm thing for at home would be something like an Ego or Riva 510 with Boge LR (2.0 or 2.5 ohm) blank cartomizers. LR cartos can be used on mods and fat battery models and those get you the heat.

Last edited:

algriff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Yonkers, NY
Holy cow!! I can't believe how quick the replies came!! Thanks!! I think you maybe right on the juice. I bought atomic fireball flavored juice and dripped alot in the carto. I guess my concern now is will putting in to much juice with the new bloog batteries damage them. Like I said I've smoked for 21 years and this e-cig is amazing. Not craving at all but I would hate to think what would happen if my new batteries went bad!?!? You guys rock!!

djbishybish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2011
Kansas
Thanks dormouse!! I will look into those mods you mentioned. I was also looking at the monkey boxx. It seemed to get great reviews and the fact of using the juice bottle is a nice touch for vaping at home! It's a bit on the pricey side but looks well worth in in the construction of the device.

If you've got the funds, you can dive into a box mod like the Rio or the Monkeyboxx. From what I've read around, you won't be disappointed. And even if it's not for you, they'll usually sell back to someone else here on ECF for close to what you paid for it. They're always in demand.

achtungbaby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
St. Petersburg, Florida
I've tried a number of mods and there are a lot to choose from but I think the list of "great" mods is pretty small. You want something that is comfortable, won't break, has good battery life, works simply, and I want something that is pleasing to look at. Personal opinion here- I just received my Silver Bullet from Altsmoke and it's just a perfect mod for home use. You can use it as a normal 3.7 volt e-cig or you can use it at 6 volts (really warm vapor). It's incredibly well built (almost indestructible), very simple, costs $89, and the battery lasts forever. I started with and still use an Ego which is 3.7 volts. The Silver Bullet at 3.7 volts still burns hotter and creates more vapor / flavor than the Ego. I don't think the Ego puts out all 3.7 volts to the atomizer....I'm guessing the button/light takes a slight draw from the voltage. I vape pretty heavily and I have not charged my Silver Bullet in 2 1/2 days...still going strong.

There are a lot of mods out there that look good or have interesting gimmicks built in. Just do your research here and look on youtube for reviews. The 3 mods that I considered after much research and talking with a friend who is very involved in this business were the Silver Bullet, the Omega, and the BB..all made by the same guy.

This is not a product placement...just my advice and my 2cents.

Enjoy your cigarette free life!!!!

algriff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Yonkers, NY
Once again, it amazes me on how people on this forum are so helpful. THANK YOU!! I will take all advice given and run with it!! I'm still waiting for my bloog maxx fusion batteries. Thought they'd be in by today but no luck. Hopefully, tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'll be using those as a to go device and will look at all the above mentioned mods and pick one of those up for the home. Hell, maybe for the office as well since I've been vaping at my cubicle and LOVING IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread