And now for something completely different (Ordered my first Provari Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
After so many “just ordered my ProVari” threads,I had to come up with something different. It has also been one of those days….

I must be going crazy; I cannot believe what I did.
I ordered my first ProVari - when my wife finds out I’m dead.

I have read all the posts and driveled over the reviews.
I had to know for myself what others hold so dear.

I have the Twist and a lava tube to boot.
Will the Provari in my hands put both of those to ruin?

I got my tracking number and I‘m checking twice a day.
I only wish I put a GPS on the mailman the other day.

It should be here in the morning and my boss is out of town.
I guess I’ll have to work from home to behold it when it comes.

I still have reservations because the menus look so silly
But then again I might be fine since I already think I’m crazy.

Oh, my wife will not kill me. She was wondering why it took me so long to order one. It just sounded g
ood :D.

Before someone asks.... I am NOT a poet and I know it :facepalm: I just wanted to have some fun.

Last edited:

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
It showed up a day later than I expected but you cannot trust the USPS tacking anyway. It is quite a piece of hardware, unmistakeable manufacturing quality although it has a few cosmetic defects which really surprised me. However, most people would not notice them.

Vape experience is better than my previous mods. Mostly in cleaner flavors. Got to try a dual coil on it but I was not really impressed the performance of the cartomizer.

The one surprise is battery life with a 18650 is a 12-18 hours. My VV Tube got a day and a half. Vaping at the same level.

The menus are not nearly as hard as the videos make them look. Once you figure out the flow it is quite easy but not as easy as the VV Tube with separate buttons.

did you get it yet?

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
The one surprise is battery life with a 18650 is a 12-18 hours. My VV Tube got a day and a half. Vaping at the same level.

:ohmy:

I get easily 12-18 hours on my 18490 with my ProVari. I don't even feel the need to go buy the extension cap for using an 18650.

I vape at 4.8-5.2 on 3ohm carto tanks.

Lavatubes do use PWM, which I hear does help keep battery life in check.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
The higher the resistance on your coil the more vape time on the battery you will get. I try to stay between 2.8 and 3.3 ohms as the range on the provari will still give me the wattage i need for my sweet spot

Exactly. Think about this. 2.5ohms @ 5v is 10 watts @ 2 amps of current. 1.5ohms @ 3.9v is also 10 watts, but at 2.6 amps of current. The lower the current draw, the longer the battery will last.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
The higher the resistance on your coil the more vape time on the battery you will get. I try to stay between 2.8 and 3.3 ohms as the range on the provari will still give me the wattage i need for my sweet spot

Interestingly, I am running the exact same devices/coils as I was on the VV tube and sometimes at lower setting - the same setting on the ProVari often tastes burned.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
Good point, it may very well be the PWM that is the difference. Either way it is not a problem. I just need to get some better batteries than the IMR's, trying to find some Panasonic's in the 2250 mah but they are sold out most places.

I get easily 12-18 hours on my 18490 with my ProVari. I don't even feel the need to go buy the extension cap for using an 18650.

new kid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Iowa City Area
Wow, what do you set your ProVari at to get that much life out of the 18490? I have thought about moving down to that size batteries and maybe getting my wife a mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread