Status
Not open for further replies.

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
So what is up with this incredibly annoying pop up Ad??????? How do we make it go away permanently?

AA.png

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
The biggest problem with the ECF popup is that it hijacks the login attempt, freezes the screen and interrupts entry mid login. it is frustrating to have to start over each time. But I guess that is the purpose of popups, to aggravate.

If the purpose is to aggravate it has succeeded!

• Agree
Reactions: Nermal

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
I just Click on the Black X in the Upper R/H Corner and it goes away for awhile.

Maybe it comes back the Next day? Maybe it Doesn't?
Not really the point, pop ups are annoying. I want to close it once and never see it again, never have it interrupt the login process.

• Agree
Reactions: Nermal

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I make it a point to never, ever buy anything from an annoying pop up. Also any sites that use this .... pop up ads become a must use for ad blocking software. If the site uses passive ads I turn them off. But this crap, nope ad block is a must.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
But..... It makes BUCKS! Who or what could possibly be more important than that?

Yeah... But the Good News is since things like Server Space, Data Transport, Forum Software don't cost anything, any Bucks gotten from ads is Pure Profit.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'd gladly pay more to be a supporting member than to think pop up ads are in our future here.

Like I said, I haven't seen if for a couple of Days.

What Internet Explorer do you use?
And Do you Log-Out from the ECF Everyday?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'm always logged in and only see it once in awhile. Oliver talked to the sponsors about this after the first contest with these ads, believe me this is much less annoying. Not too bad a price to pay for access to the knowledge and experience on the forums .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread