Another dissapointing mail delivery day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Always over anticipate when I order something new.
Will it ever arrive?

Ordered last Thursday Feb 27th
Shipped Feb 28th
Last heard from leaving Santa Clarita sort facility Feb 28th
Expected Delivery March 3rd

Hey, USPS, I want my tank!!!

I know this is not IBTanked fault, but did you guys have a big traffic jam on I-5 or something?

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Yeah, I saw the burning mail truck story. According to the news report that was all first class letters from Orange County to points east of the Rockies...but no packages...so I'm hopeful my tank didn't burn.

I'll give it the weekend then check with USPS. I'll let you know if I can't resolve it.

It's just that it is my first tank...why did it have to be the first one???

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
I think our packages are considered first class letter mail buddy, be sure to send me that info and we will take care of you if it is in limbo. Most of our orders deliver in two to three days coast to coast if there is nothing custom in them. Sometimes weekend orders pile up so there might be an additional day in there if they dont all go out on Monday but you have waited long enough.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Yeah, got a response back from my note to you...basically wait another week or so and go from there....might be tossed aside somewhere.

Oh well, I've got more toys in the mail (from the east coast this time) that I can play with...assuming they don't get lost. One thing about vapemail...always keep a steady stream on the way...don't want to get bored.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Grim, I think you must have sent the note via support on the site. We are not always on the same page all around here on everything that goes through so someone else probably did not know I was already talking to you or neglected to ask when they responded to you if you had mentioned that in your note. I would not say wait another week at this point.

Send me a PM here on the forum with the order number and I will make sure it goes through. This is two weeks now and if it was gonna show I would think it would have by now, if this was an international order then I would understand waiting a little longer as we have had orders appear as late as four weeks but a domestic order should never go to two weeks.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Found your order Grim looks like it spent some time under a conveyor. The cap to the Thingy was worn through with half of it gone. The Mrs did get your replacement order sent out today BTW and you should have gotten the tracking email for it.

usps_damage.jpg

Backlash

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2014
WA, USA
I used to work at the USPS distribution plant here (Letter Carrier now) Thats nothing :D
It's kinda rare for a package though.. but you know the extra charge for thick letter mail? When I was at the plant you would be walking around and smell smoke every night. Some thick letter that somehow got through ended up stuck in between the rubber belts running 100mph.. It doesn't take long for them to start a fire.

Wicked & Coiled

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2014
Stratford, NJ
Hate to see that. Backlash is right though.

The package was pretty clearly processed with Letter-Sized mail. Those are burn marks from the inductor belt on an OCR/DBCS letter machine. They're not designed to process packages, or anything thicker than 1/4" thick paper, hence the extra charge for them.

Always helps to stuff packages with maximum padding, or even wadded paper to make sure dispatch clerks can see the thickness, and separate it accordingly. One good thing is that at least one of the addresses was still legible. Otherwise everyone starts to think it was "stolen" or "carelessly lost".

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
No address left and the barcode was certainly ruined. I think they used the invoice in the package to return it and I am glad they chose to return it rather than send on to the customer.

Thought it was funny that it was at the post office as the replacement was going out.

For the volume of packages we send out we have been quite happy with the overall reliability and the cost/speed of USPS First Class cant be beat.

Backlash

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2014
WA, USA
No address left and the barcode was certainly ruined. I think they used the invoice in the package to return it and I am glad they chose to return it rather than send on to the customer.

Thought it was funny that it was at the post office as the replacement was going out.

For the volume of packages we send out we have been quite happy with the overall reliability and the cost/speed of USPS First Class cant be beat.

99.9999999999999% of all mail goes through unharmed, but when one does get mangled.. We know how to mangle it. :p
My bet is on someone didn't catch it until it was too late.

Waiting on my first tank with baited breath.
Well worth the wait, the tanks are awesome. And be warned.. they multiply.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
It does exist!

I can't confirm Big Foot or the Loch Ness Monster, but I can confirm that the mythical IBTanked does exist. After my first shipment was cast back into the fires of Mt Doom, my replacement has arrived.

I've just taken my first few puffs...yes, I set it up before I came on here...and I'm certainly impressed so far. I bought 3 cartos, so I will give it at least a couple of weeks trial, but my first impression says I'll be ordering more. Oh, and my wife has seen it and you know where that will lead (oh, they come in colors?).

Backlash

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2014
WA, USA
They reproduce.. :D

Walked into a B&M I frequent today, talked with owner for a few minutes and pulled my eVic out with my IBTanked filled with our favorite liquid he sells (skittles) he immediately asked "what tank is that?"
We talked for 10-15 minutes just about the tank.

I need to order some cartos now.. so of course i'm looking at making a custom Seahawk blue/green tank :2cool:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hey Grim, glad you got it... that one landed pretty quick. Two days from California to Kansas, maybe they felt bad about the last one ;) Haha.

The thing about cartomizer tanks is that if you like them for the ease and how they produce then you likely love them. If you dont like them then you are just as likely hate them.

I think a big part of this is due to properly getting it going, that first five minutes with a new cartomizer are crucial, follow the steps and ease it into production gently and it will treat you well. You can just as easily in that first five minutes get a carto ready for a week or more or ruin it beyond recovery. Over priming doesnt kill the cartomizer though it adds a little extra work, Putting too much power to a cartomizer that isnt primed yet will end the happy feelin real quick.

On the subject of colors, lol... tell the Mrs that we are launching a line of colors at DC VapeFest and will be bringing them to the site soon after we return.

Backlash, we keep shipping to more and more B&Ms so you never know when you might spot IBTanks at one near you. And yes they do reproduce, said it many times that we get a chuckle over seeing folks make a single tank order then three days later another for a few more. It happens more than you would think and its because folks just cannot believe it could be that good at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread