• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Another Maple Leaf Vapes Juice Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
Reviewing seven juice flavours from Maple Leaf Vapes and it is up front that this is very subjective and highly individual for likes/dislikes generally on juices. These juices listed here were some great, some Ok and none as not good which I believe is more than 1/2 average which is possibly as good as it gets for liking one suppliers flavours.

The first thing about Maple Leaf Vapes is Ian's responsiveness with communications and suggestions on possible improvments along with his flexibility in meeting various requests on juice nicotine variance or PG, VG content not listed on the web site. This is excellent and goes towards being a great supplier!

Now the details ....

Strawberry-Kiwi

more on the kiwi side which is tangy. Vapor production is Ok. In fairness, I didn't use a new carto to test this with and used a bloog cartomizer with blowing out the previous juice. This flavour is 50/50 PG/VG mix. This would be an evening vape only.

Chocobacco
leans more to chocolate but has a pleasant hint of something else (not sweet). Good vapor production. I would buy this again just for the chocolate flavour. Bear in mind my taste buds are not there yet for accuracy being 3 months in vaping. Vaped with CE2 R4 and LR eGo-T type B cylinder atomizer - both were good vapes but the standard resistance CE2 R4 (2.8 ohms) gave better flavour.
After vaping for a few hours and different times of the day my taste buds have definitely picked up a subtle good tobacco flavour as the something else.
A good possibility of being an all day vape.

Milk Chocolate
does have a rich taste of chocolate mildness to it which is what milk chocolate is. It has an aftertaste on the back of your tongue much like eating real chocolate. Lots of vapor. Used a 510 atomizer in good condition with 510 mega battery for testing (cartridge filler modified with highping mod using blue foam).

Canadian blend
too sweet right out of the mail-box. Tried steeping a couple times for 2 hours with cap off the bottle with possible lessing of sweetness. There is also the possibility that leaving this bottle for a week or two will steep the flavour on its own to better taste.
Lots of vapor with a LR eGo-T atomizer type B that was also easy on the lungs and was good both inhaling and exhaling. This quality of vapor is a factor, personally for me, and anything that is good to vape going in and out is a plus.
The vaping also left my lungs feeling "better" after inhaling and not "heavier" as some liquids do when vaped.
Also vaped this in an eGo-T Type A cone atomizer - did this to "dumb-down" the sweet overtones which did work nicely in the Type A and this would be the hardware config I'd use ongoing for this flavour.

Wurthers
not feeling the love here, but then taste is very individual. Had the same sharp sweetness as the Canadian blend. Did try to steep with the cap off and the inside drop plug pulled off the 3 ml sampler bottle which lessend the sweetness a bit (I hope that wasn't just my imagination). 50/50 PG/VG mix. Lots of vapor.

Note for Canadian Blend and Wurthers: I ran this review by Ian via email and he is going to lessen the sweetness on these two flavours as input towards tuning the taste.

Maplebacco
used a new Bloog cartomizer for this flavour. Initially smelling with the cap off it seems like it would be too sweet however it is does have a Very nice maple taste when vaping - not too sweet and pretty much bang on! There is another layer but I can't exactly pin it down but this doesn't take anything away from the taste and definitely adds a plus.
Lots of vapor. This could easily be an all day vape.

Timz French Vanilla
using a LR eGo-T atomizer type B gave a smooth vape with good vapor production and flavour that definitely lands in the zone of french vanilla. I think there is something timhortonzie in there lol but my taste buds aren't the most accurate. No overlay of sweetness and is pretty much a pleasant vape. This is a 50/50 PG/VG mix.
Could also be an all day vape.

All in all four of the seven I could use as all day vapes which is great and there are still more flavours for me to try out from MLV. Highly recommend getting the sampler packs and quickly isolate which flavours are best for you then order full bottles.

DevilFishPhil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Montreal, QC
Just received my order today - although I don't know why I ordered more tobacco flavors I can't stand them anymore :) Oh well, looking forward to vape-testing those. I received: Maple Leaf Canada Blend, European Wild Apple, Sour Granny, Wurthers, Vanilla Cupcake, Do Mure Eh, Pete Jacksens, Play Hers Right, Lexport Hey, Strawberry Kiwi, Timz French Vanilla, Brownie Batter.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
The chocobacco has become my all day vape since getting it last weekend lol. I really grew out of tobacco flavors quickly when I started vaping, but this one has really peaked my interest again. I think I'll try the maplebacco next!

Aside from that I agree about the sweetness of the wurthers, but was kind of expecting ultra sweet so I didn't mind so much. The flavor is bang on though when you exhale.

My favorite so far is the brownie batter. I'm a chocolate vape nut and I find this just perfect! Really rich and brownie'ish haha!

The vapor production at 50/50 is excellent, runs through my cartos just fine, and produces ridiculous vapor when used on my Darwin!

All in all, very happy! Nice to have a good Canadian vendor around my area!

Great review dude!

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
Thanks Cninner, I'm hoping my review skills improve with practice.

With time to steep, I have better flavour enjoyment for the strawberry-kiwi and canadian blend. The strawberry-kiwi is settling nicely into both the strawberry part and kiwi part with the tangy edge coming off the kiwi. I would update this flavour as a contender for all-day vape, but otherwise makes a terrific evening vape.

The canadian blend also has lessened its sweetness with steeping and with Ian tuning this further I'm sure it will get to that straight tobacco taste I'm looking for. All the available range of flavours are not to be missed - fruit, bakery, exotic (I'm sure this Honeyville Vapor - Atomic Fireball will be someone's all day lol) and offer an exciting dimension to vaping, but at times the flavour "craving" just goes to tobacco. I'm sure I'm not alone in this need for tobacco flavour. I will definitly be enjoying my current bottle of canadian blend even so.

The wurthers is also lessing its sweetness but I'm afraid it's just my personal taste that is the issue for this flavour. My S/O definiely likes the wurthers vaped on her 510 and is ordering more.

I've put a second order in at MLV for full bottles of Timz french vanilla, Maplebacco and Chocobacco plus another set of sampler packs. If I had more money available .... there would be more on my order!. Basically the Canadian home-grown juice selection has been thrown further up the fantastic scale with MLV entering the market!

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Nice follow up, and you're very welcome! I'm having the same experience here, where the juice seems to mellow itself out when left alone for a while. They keep getting better!

The chocobacco is still the ultimate for my taste. This is the first juice I haven't got sick of after vaping a while. With my Darwin I can isolate wattages on it so that I can have the sweet taste pop, or the darker tobacco flavors shine through depending on my mood. Definitely as close to an all day vape as I've come so far.

Great to have a quality juice vendor here, and nice to hear good reviews all around of local products!

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
Everyone seemingly is getting mixed reviews on the flavors. I tend to love the way the wurthers and the canada blend was mixed and tasted when I got mine. Gosh I hope he doesn't change it up too much! Great reviews, I am really interested in trying some more to see how I like!

When I ran it by Ian about the Canadian blend and wurthers being on the sweet side, he said of his own assessment that he felt these were too sweet. I know really nothing about DIY but I'm sure it won't lessen the quality of these flavours on re-mixing and bringing down the sweet aspect. Wurthers I'm sure has a natural sweet component and will still have that.

Danesnpits

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Aberdeen, Saskatchewan
I just hope the flavor is the same as I plan to order big huge bottles of the canada blend and wurthers. They are THAT GOOD. I want the same flavor as that is why I am ordering! If it tastes different, I don't know if it will be my fave anymore! And Juicy Clear might win over, cuz I totally love the Canada Full Flavor!

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
I just hope the flavor is the same as I plan to order big huge bottles of the canada blend and wurthers. They are THAT GOOD. I want the same flavor as that is why I am ordering! If it tastes different, I don't know if it will be my fave anymore! And Juicy Clear might win over, cuz I totally love the Canada Full Flavor!

Taste is definitely subjective.

MLV has quality juice, the flavours are just not for me.

My bottles of Wurthers, Canada Blend, and Maplebacco are on sale in the Canada classifieds, with a few extras thrown in for good measure.

Chinner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Holy variable volts Vapeman! That can be done??!!

Indeed sir it can! I've fallen in love with this thing. If your flavor is complex, you can totally isolate certain flavors. Not too sure about the science behind it, I can only assume that different flavors react to different levels of heat.

One example is that I find a lot of berry flavors to taste more of perfume then food when i vape on my 808's. Put that same flavor up a few watts, and eventually it will vape evenly and taste like fresh fruit hahaha.. Also if you have a chocolate mint or something, at low wattages you tend to taste the sweet, and when cranked up the menthol will dominate.

So for me the chocobacco is working well, perfect customizable mix of sweet and strong with a flick of the wattage dial!

rolandpibb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
British Columbia
Indeed sir it can! I've fallen in love with this thing. If your flavor is complex, you can totally isolate certain flavors. Not too sure about the science behind it, I can only assume that different flavors react to different levels of heat.

One example is that I find a lot of berry flavors to taste more of perfume then food when i vape on my 808's. Put that same flavor up a few watts, and eventually it will vape evenly and taste like fresh fruit hahaha.. Also if you have a chocolate mint or something, at low wattages you tend to taste the sweet, and when cranked up the menthol will dominate.

So for me the chocobacco is working well, perfect customizable mix of sweet and strong with a flick of the wattage dial!

Yeah, I should get me a 510-808 adapter for my booster and try out my cartos. The echo-e cartos just aren't cutting it.

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB

sabyrock

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by UntamedRose

kalvinf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2011
Hamilton Canada
Bought 3 full bottles: Timz French Vanilla, Mablebacco and chocobacco from MLV and at first the flavour seemed to be missing. But after contacting Ian and getting directions for steeping which was to take the top and dripper both off the bottle and let sit exposed to the air for 2 hours, the flavours suddenly appeared. This fast steeping gets the flavours to come out quickly and then full steeping (just sitting with cap on) happens by 3 weeks for the full intended flavour.

The sampler flavours are steeped very fast due to being much less volume than 30 ml. Actually trying to find information on steeping is not readily located on ECF and seem to be supplier specific for those found, if anyone has links to steeping please post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread