Another new guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

45ACP

Sep 8, 2011
Katy,Texas
I was a 1.5pack/day smoker. I vaped for a week with 203 analogs a day, then on day 7, quit analogs completely. Been analog free for 5 weeks now.. I did try a drag the other day and almost threw up it tasted so bad... I can't beleive I used to like that.. lol

I am getting there. I did the calculator but can't figure out how to put it as my sig. Thanks to everyone for being so welcoming.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Welcome!!

Some help for those 5

1. Buy cigs you do NOT like and lock them in the car trunk with a lighter for emergencies. Stop buying the ones you like

2. Buy a spare battery to use overnight. Late night I set up everything else to charge and switch to the late-night battery (in my case 280mah Joye mega xl manual AND a KR808D-1 manual - I have 2). That helps at bedtime - no sress deciding you are done vaping, no disassembly before bed, it's right there if you get up for something, and it's right there ready when you get up

3. Use cartomizers because there is nothing worse then wanting your first drags of the day and fighting with an atomizer and cart to get them

4. try plenty of juices to find ones that make you go ahhhh and remember to smell the vapor

5. If your first rig is weak or lacks options, consider buying something better (most people do buy a second model by the end of the first month)

45ACP

Sep 8, 2011
Katy,Texas
I am using an Ego-T (please dont flame me, it is working well for me) I actually think the only reason I am using analog is out of pure habit. When I get in the truck, take the dogs out, after I eat, etc.... I will start mixing my own juice soon. I want to order some unflavored but do not know what mix to get, 50/50,60/40, I have no clue. Really do appreciate all the help!

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I am using an Ego-T (please dont flame me, it is working well for me) I actually think the only reason I am using analog is out of pure habit. When I get in the truck, take the dogs out, after I eat, etc.... I will start mixing my own juice soon. I want to order some unflavored but do not know what mix to get, 50/50,60/40, I have no clue. Really do appreciate all the help!

No flaming!

After you have 5 posts, try the DIY section. You'll get lots of help there.

bruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
Louisville, KY
I was a 1.5pack/day smoker. I vaped for a week with 203 analogs a day, then on day 7, quit analogs completely. Been analog free for 5 weeks now.. I did try a drag the other day and almost threw up it tasted so bad... I can't beleive I used to like that.. lol

You smoked around 10 packs a day? Wow, a tip of my hat to you.

Hi from another noob. I went from between 1 1/2-2 packs of analogs a day to none. There was a week before I started vaping that I tapered down to about a half-pack on Chantix, but that stuff was making me (literally) nutz! So, when I went over to vaping, I had two analogs left, then said NO MORE. Probably not right for everyone, but it's working for me. Today is my 6th day analog free :)

Good luck!

CarrieD

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2011
Michigan
Even for those who continue smoking for a while at some level, vaping is a good way to cut your consumption. It's a natural transition since you get your nicotine craving satisfied from the ecig.

This is your brain on nicotine

Interesting! I had wondered if something in cigarettes that controlled dopamine production had something to do with the reason I still crave an analog now and then - no doubt in my mind I'm getting plenty of nicotine from the vaping.

Jibba73

ECF Veteran
For 26 years, most of which at 2 packs a day, then down to 15 analogs a day for a few months... tried Chantix because my Cardiologist said to... AWFUL for me! Tried the patch... smoked WITH the patch on my arm! Mainly because I would forget it was there...

Started e-Cigs August 17th. From the 17th to the 21st, I smoked 3-4 analogs at the usual trigger times. With morning coffee, after dinner, walking the dog and right before bed. When I went to bed on the 21st, I finished the pack of analogs I had and said, "Tomorrow... I am smoke free." I have not had an analog since then...

It was like leaving a best friend of 26 years. It was hard the first two days. Then it all of the sudden became easy. I don't even think about analogs now. My wife still smokes. I want her to quit, but even her smoking doesn't trigger anything in me!

If you WANT to quit analogs, you WILL quit analogs. Welcome to ECF! I sincerely hope you get to exactly where you want to be from using e-cigs! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread