another newb checking in

Status
Not open for further replies.

b_1620

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Greenville, NC
Hello everybody, 20 year pack a day smoker here looking to kick the habit and go vapor. Here's my story so far.

I tried one of the disposable blu's a few days ago after seeing their commercials all over the tv and I have to say I enjoyed it much more then a normal cig. Of course the disposables cost way too much for how long they last so I checked out their starter kits. Luckily I'm pretty good about doing a little research before buying most things. My first search brought me here, and I'm glad it did.

I had no idea there were so many options for e-cigs. I've spent the last two nights looking over all of the beginner sections and found a ton of useful information. Even found that I was smoking my blu wrong so I picked up a couple more today. First one I open didn't even work. :mad: Thankfully the other one did though and now that I know the proper way to smoke it, it's even more enjoyable than the first one I tried.

Now I think I'm ready to get my first starter kit, the 510. After looking through the list of Joyce sellers I even found one here in NC about 2 hrs away (vape Hut). My next day off is Monday so I plan on taking a trip out there. They even have an e-liquid testing station so I can sample some stuff. Can't wait!

b_1620

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Greenville, NC
WELL DANG! - 1st of all Welcome to ECF and i wish thee the best of luck on your vaping experience. stay off them analogs b_1620

Thanks! Still have a couple more days to go before I can get my e-cig but I think the change will be pretty easy. Even though I've only had 2 disposable blu's, while I was using them I never wanted a regular cig. And when I did go back and smoke a cig it tasted like crap to me. I think the hardest part for me is going to be calling normal cigs "analogs". Just seems silly to me since analog is still electric. :p

b_1620

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Greenville, NC
Welcome and Congrats on deciding to switch. I had a similar experience but bought the blu starter pack the morning after trying a disposable and not smoking any cigs. I didn't find this site till after unfortunately, I did move to the vamo within a week and haven't looked back. Good luck and keep us updated.

Thanks, and I'll be sure to post some updates once I pick something up. More then likely I'll eventually end up with something with a longer lasting battery for just home use. For work or being in public though I would rather have something that looks a cig.

Welcome, and congratulations! You'll find ordering online to be cheaper, but a brick and mortar store is a good place to start. You can get hands-on instruction there. :)

Thanks! I figured ordering online would be cheaper but being really new to all of this I would like to see some of this stuff in person. Not to mention the cost in gas to drive there and back would be a bit much to do regularly, at least with the mpg I get lol. Like you said having someone there to answer any questions is also a plus.

b_1620

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2013
Greenville, NC
Finally got out today and picked up my first e-cig starter kit! Unfortunately I didn't have time to make the trip to the Vape Hut. I did however find a local cigar shop selling the Encore kit (menthol) for $49 so I picked one up. I have to say, the flavor this thing produces blows the blu disposable out of the water.

Now that I have something for work, it's time to order something a little bigger for home use. After looking around I'm thinking an ego twist with a T3. If anyone else has any suggestions I would be glad to hear them but I'm mainly looking for a long lasting battery and something that doesn't have to be filled too often.

beast1911

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2012
Miami,fl
Those are a good option although down the road you may find you want something even bigger lol. I went straight for a variable power device, look into a VAMO or Zmax and see if that's something you can see yourself wanting in the future and skip the twist stage. If not they're plenty of options for capacity. From the T3, CE5 clearos, even a vivi nova has a bigger capacity although it may look out of place on a twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread