• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Another newbie diving in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
I've been lurking for a couple of days and hope to be active in this group if you'll have me!

I'm Susie, I live in Southeast Michigan. I'm in the process of learning how to vape. My DH, bigblue30, is the vape master of the household. For now, it just makes me COUGH and I'm jealous. We'll be trying some lower nic juices when they arrive to see if that works for me. Need to get off of analogs!

I have two boys, one in the Navy, and they're both out on their own. I've only ever been on (several) recipe boards, so for me, this is a new experience. I look forward to joining you all on this board....thanks!

~~susie.

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
Thanks, BeeBop! I was a fairly heavy smoker for longer than I care to say :) and it's hard to believe that anything makes me cough, but it does! When DH can sit in a restaurant and vape away and I try it and all I do is cough, it's frustrating! I'm hoping the lower nic helps....crossing my fingers!

Since I'm used to recipe boards, maybe I can find a "recipe" for vaping, lol!

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Hi Suzie, you are the closest vaporer that I have found so far. I worked in SCS for years with Lake Shore Schools. I live about 45 minutes north of you. Welcome to ECF.

I have never heard of a Bibblue30. What is it?

I found that some juices (pre-filled 808 cartos especially) caused me to cough a lot. I use more VG now and I don't have as many issues. PG juices are fine most of the time but when vendors ask about how I like my throat hit, I tell them smooth and I don't have the throat irritation.

Again Welcome

PS. There is a Michigan Vaporers Meeting in White Lake on July 31st.

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
pm, my DH ( dear husband) is bigblue30 on this board. He does all the e-juice stuff and modding stuff.

Sounds like you might be in PH? Not sure where White Lake is, thanks for the info! Is it far west side of MI?

I'm really not using pre-filled, just whatever DH mixes for me :), and I think I need to get some lower nic juices to get started.

Trying to tell people how great they are and coughing my brains out really doesn't work :)

Thanks for the welcome!

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Susie..welcome! the coughing will go away, once you find the amount of nic thats right for you and perfect the way you take a drag matters,vaping is different that reg cig's. I had the same problems at the begining...it wasn't the level of nic so much as was the way I was inhaling..takes a few days but it comes natural after that you'll see..its still better than smoking IMO...good luck, don't give up...& welcome again!!;)

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
Thanks, everyone, for the welcome!

So far, I've had zero luck, but am perserving! All the tips are appreciated!

Designated hitter, lol! That's just abbreviations from the numerous recipe boards I'm on. Need to remember not to use them here or at least explain them!

ph, not sure what's a 1/3 hour west of PH...guess I need a map! Where is White Lake?

Thanks, all!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
PM and Susie..welcome to the Women's Room! We have more then enough room for a few more great ladies!
Susie..I may have a simple soultion for you until you can lower the nic. Don't deep inhale, you absorb nic in the lining of your mouth..not so much your lungs. Just take a shallow drag and hold it in your mouth or release through your nose.
Try something else besides Tobacco flavor..they are the harshest. If you can get your hands on some Lorann's candy flavoring or even a tiny dab of McCormicks from the grocery store..add it to your mix...in a nice mint, banana, or chocolate. be careful with any grocery store flavor..oil kills attys. If you have any plain P.G/V.G. you can make your own flavors. Visit the DIY section here on ECF.

You can have Hubby order the unflavored Nic juice to Do it yourself or plain P.G./V.G. for lowering nic.

here's a guide for abbreviations used on ECF
Abbreviations (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 ... Last Page)

Some great reading too!
Domino has a nice artical on how to get a good draw from your E-cig!
The ECF Library (3 Viewing)

The ECF Library (3 Viewing)

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
pm, I did go in and edit that 1/3 hour to a half an hour, but obviously didn't work, I'm a newbie! So...what goes on at these get-togethers?

MaryKay, I've tried everything recommended on this board :( and so far let's just say I'm not the poster child for e-cigs, although I'm not quitting looking for a resolution!

DH has a drawer full of e-juices, but many of them are high nic, so I have some lower nics on order. I WILL conquer this.

Thanks to you all for the gracious welcome :)

sleepy jean

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Jerome, Idaho, USA
Welcome to the women's room and vapeing Susie, I know you will love it here and you'll love e-cig's once you get it figured out whats right for you, I have found lowering the nic has helped for me but at first you will caugh but it does stop, all the advice the girls are giving you is good so hang in there.

I'm very proud of your son to.:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread