Another newbie thread and some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddieruckus

Aug 20, 2013
Coral Springs
Just got my first battery on Monday, been enjoying dueling banjos from high desert vapes ever since.

I picked up one of their starter kits which contained a 1100mah ego battery and 2 ce4 clearomizers. I've read that some juices will crack or warp these clearomizers so I'm looking to upgrade to a protank in the very near future.

My questions are, how many times can I/should I refill these clearomizers before discArding them? Which juices should I stay away from? At first I just wanted to vape tobacco based flavors to help transition from analogs, however now I find myself very interested ( almost craving) the fruit and chocolate based flavors, however since I only have two clearomizers at the moment I don't want to destroy those before I get the pro tank, but I also don't want to invest anymore money in clearomizers... Does this all make sense??

My next set of questions is directly related to the pro tank, I've read that because of its size I should possibly look into getting the mini because the weight of the regular pro tank with the battery I have might damage the tank. I've also read that if I use low ohm coils (1.8) I can potentially damage the battery, any truth to any of that?

I want to be able to enjoy any flavor I want and not be restricted by the clearomizer

Thanks in advance and look forward to spending time in this community

MarKa

ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2013
SoCal
Concerning how often to change the heads, you only need to change them when they consistently start tasting burnt. This could be a result of using high voltage or chain vaping.

Also, sometimes you get flavors that "stain" your wick and the flavor just doesn't come out. Mint flavors are notorious for doing this. If you change flavors and still taste remnants of the previous one that you're sick of, you may need to change your wick out.

As far as which flavors will crack the tank, I'm really not too sure. Search around the forums a bit, I'm sure you'll find an answer :)

Don't worry about using low resistance clearos/atomizers. I owned an eGo-C Twist for 6 months and my battery was never damaged from using over-the-shelf low resistance clearos. 1.8ohms is relatively high anyways. Of course, do your own research regarding your personal model and its amp restrictions. I'm just basing this off my experience with the Twist.

Welcome to the community :)

james chapman

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Kerrville Texas
Hello and welcome. That is a really nice starter kit. I used that kit for 2 years,before buying a Vamo,mind you I bought 3 kits and countless ce4s. I got a Carto-tank,from Vape Dudes and its maker Valley Vapes. Citrus,licorice,cinnamon,lavender,will crack the ce4s. Chocolates,which I love,are fine,but do tend to clog and need more frequent washing. I have never had a pro tank. I did recently buy a vivi nova,that is like the ce4,it was 9.99 and came with 3 heads. It is super easy to clean ,fill, change the head. I prefer the taste of my tanks. I have heard that Lr ohms will damage the battery,but never had it happen while I was running LR cartos on my 1100 Ego. I did switch to SR cartos and really found no difference,in taste or function. With the Vivi nova the kit I have came with 3 heads,1-1.8 ohm,1-2.4ohm and 1-2.8ohm. I can not tell the difference in any of the heads. Good luck to you.:toast:

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
There is a huge thread all about tank cracker juices here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-44.html

If you are using a vivi nova, I highly recommend getting a metal tube for it (found in many online retailers for less than $5) so then you don't have to worry about juice melting your tank. Just don't forget about the drip tip and get a metal, glass or stone one.

As for the original post, the CE4 is disposable. So every 2-4 fills of juice, take the top off and give them a really good rinse and shake with hot water. When you notice that you are not getting much vapor, consider a vodka (or other clear grain alcohol like everclear) soak. Just let them soak for a few hours and do another rinse in hot water.
This will help get the gunk of the coils and improve the performance. You'll only be able to do this a few times before you will have to replace them. You'll know when it's time to replace them as your vapor and flavor will reduce to the point where it'll be obvious.

Fruit and chocolate juices should be ok in the CE4's, it's the citrus, cinnamon, cola (etc. etc.) juices you need to stay away from. Take a look in the above thread.

Finally, the protank will work fine on your ego batteries, 1.8 or 2.0 will actually give you better vape performance and should not damage the battery in any way.

Last edited:
The only way you will damage your Protank is if you drop it or knock it over. When I use my Protank I just lay it on it's side to avoid knocking it over. The best deal I've seen on the Protank is:

$12.09 Authentic Kanger Protank Clearomizer with Pyrex Glass Tank (2.5mL) - blue /1.8

Fasttech is a good place to get some of your stuff but they do sell knock offs so watch what you order. The above link is for the real Kanger Protank, they come in light blue, a darker brown and in the traditional clear. Also with Fasttech the shipping takes a while so expect about 2 weeks for shipping.
I have also bought the evod knock offs from there and I really like them and have had no problems with them. You might want to try them if you like the protank.

$2.65 EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer (1.5mL) - blue / 2.6
$15.24 EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer (1.5mL) 7-pack - 2.6
$21.22 EVOD Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Atomizer (10-Pack / 1.5mL) 10-pack - 2.4

I actually bought the 10 pk and split it with my mother in law who also loves the evods.
Evods have replaceable heads that are pretty cheap so when they quit working or just start tasting bad it is easy to change out and cuts down on the cost since you just change the head and don't have to replace the whole tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread