Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyne Drexel

Oct 5, 2013
Nashville, TN
Hi all,

I have been reading and reading and reading to get my head around what systems work with my battery and what I will try next. The answer seems to be everything.

I have an ego-t style battery and for the moment I am content with that. So, on to the liquid delivery. I use the mini protank II and clearomizers. I like them both and seem to be experiencing what everyone is saying about the protank (of any style). Convenience is great, the vape is good and clean, the flavor is diminished. It is diminished in comparison to my clearomizors.

My questions to the vape community are...

Better tank? Is there a tank system that gives more of a flavor hit? Keep in mind, my rig does not leak and I will not trade more flavor for a leaky lifestyle.

Cartomizers? I have read that a dual coil cart system can be very good but I like that I am not fussing with my rig all the time with a tank system. Will a cart system with all of its trappings make me crazy? I think I would only go for a cart sys if i REALLY liked it better.

Clearomizers? I seem to get a very full flavor from these. The only differences I can come up with between clearomizers and non-disposable tanks is the wicking and probably the coil resistance. Many say that the clearomizer wick system is inferior to the tanks. (is this because it does not do well with high VG juice or because they are disposable?) I like the clearomizer flavor level, but it is definitely not as clean as the mini protank II. My next step is to play with the Ohms on my MPT II.

Thanks in advance for everyone's 2 cents!

bd

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I use carto-tanks. I've never had one leak, and I've been using them for at least 9 months now.. I also have a RBA/RDA, so a genesis tank will give you a good vape, but it will leak, especially if you have to open up a fill hole for wicking. You're not going to get a better vape and flavor than a drip atomizer though..no tank..but sometimes you must make sacrifices. I don't think you'd want to deal with a RBA, but drip atomizers are just as good in my opinion..

I think you should try a normal cartomizer before you just leap into carto-tanks. I honestly prefer them over any method. I find them to offer better flavor and a denser cloud than clearo's, and I don't have to mess with them after I get them going. I like dual cartomizers, but I mainly use single coils. Less stress on my battery, and I've found single coils to be more consistent in life-span. Once you properly prime a cartomizer, you fill your tank, let it sit for as long as you can stand, and you vape...fill up when it's empty..throw cartomizer away when it's burnt. I don't think that is tedious at all. The only tedious part was figuring out the hole sizes, how many holes, and what brand is better before I knew about ECF.

I like the iclear 30, but that's the only clearo I've used that I could stand adding to my rotation. Clearo's offer me a milkier, looser cloud. VG doesn't wick well with many wicks. I like the iclear being a top coil, cuz if it is having problems, a quick tip is all you need to do. A bottom coil is a lot more fussy when you're having wicking issues.

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I have tried all of these systems.
I like the flavor that I get from a carto tank but I think that my Protanks are very very similar with one major exception. The difference is that I have to fuss more with my carto tank than I do with my Protank. I know you only have to prime the cartomizer once but it seems that I am always making adjustment to it. It dries out so I always have to check it and add a few more drops to the top. This is not hard to do, but when I'm out and about I don't like to have to carry my bottles of juice with me. I like to have a full tank and not mess with it. My Protanks do just that for me. I fill it, and I am good to go until it's empty. I think that the taste from the Protank is also very clear and clean unlike for example the itaste 30 that I have that makes everything taste horrible due to all of the wicks. My carto tanks needs to have the catromizer changed out about every 1-2 weeks. My Protanks usually last at least a month before I have to change out the coils
So in conclusion, if it is convenience that you are looking for, go with the protank. If you don't mind messing with your tank then a carto tank does have very clear flavor that comes through. I think that the quality of the flavor is very similar between these two tanks.

you're all exquisite vapors!!!
For tank, there're wick and cartomzier systems. Merits of inner cartomizer is strong puff w less burnt smell(more pure aroma of ejuice), for it uses cotton to transfer e-juice.
Merits of wick system is easy to produce, and ok to use. IT's ok for most of vaping.
As to the leackage problem, all bottom coil design has very small possibility for this. If you want to make it easy, vivi nova is good choice, middle replaceable coils may help.
It's just for reference.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
You're going to get diehard protank users telling you that you're doing it wrong..

A top coil is going to have a warmer feel than a bottom coil. Due to the heat being closer to you. That's the only real reason I see it hitting harder. Protanks also have a looser pull than other clearos, and I already find clearomizers being too loose for my liking.

Boyne Drexel

Oct 5, 2013
Nashville, TN
You're going to get diehard protank users telling you that you're doing it wrong..

lol

I bet the top vs bottom coil is the difference. Im gonna try the vv nova and play with some different ohm coils for the MPT II.

Dont get me wrong, i like both, and am probably in danger of having every system =].

bd

Last edited:
I like the evod. I have the protank and protank mini. My prefrence for taste is evod, PTmini, PT. The PT just has to much air. If taking a long drive the PT is best just because of the tank size.

Mini Protank II - cover one of the holes on the "beauty ring". Take off the drip tip. Perfect draw.

bd

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
lol

I bet the top vs bottom coil is the difference. Im gonna try the vv nova and play with some different ohm coils for the MPT II.

Dont get me wrong, i like both, and am probably in danger of having every system =].

bd

No harm in that.. I'll have to recommend IBTanked for carto tanks.. even if you don't get the colors you can have on the tank, I really don't think many other things look more bad ... than a clear tank with black O-rings.

jjkillian

Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Mesa AZ
Have you tried one of the little drip atomizers, not one of the rebuild-able ones? I have a mech mod, vv/vw mod and two Egos (twist and pass through). At the end of the day a few of my liquids (all PGs for me) work better in the little drip atomizer. My RY4 in particular tastes better in the drip with the ego pass vs any other device I have.

I think experimenting with different set ups with different liquids and even different nic levels of liquids will be worth your time. It was for me.

Jmac2009

Sep 12, 2013
Dallas, Texas
I've been vaping for 5 weeks now. I have more tanks than batteries and I have a lot of spare batteries. I started out on an ego battery with the Vision (Stardust) clearomizer and I have had a difficult time finding a tank to produce the same draw, flavor, vape and throat hit as the Vision. I keep trying different tanks becuase I vape at work and seem to be refilling the 1.6 ml three or 4 times a day.

Today, I am vaping on a iClear 30 that I recieved yesterday and so far I really like it. The draw is not very tight but I realized that the sleeve adjustment on my VAMO can raised to the bottome of the iClear 30 making the draw adjustable. I like it.

JayTater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
tampa fl
Eventually, you may make the move to a genesis, or Kayfun style tank. With the genny, once you get the coil/wick set up, you will have a solid, reliable tank. Mesh+micro coil setup lasts MUCH longer than any silica or cotton wick. Just have to remember to keep em standing up to avoid chance of leakage, but the taste is incredible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread