Another newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abula

Jul 15, 2018
Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here.

Just wondering before i browse toward the biggest sections, is there a guide or something to read before? I been smoking for 20 years now, a lot of them above 20 cigarrates a day, last 10 years probably 30 or so a day.

I kinda feel a little overwhelm since on vaping so many brands and liquids, batteries, etc. But i guess one step at the time. I was with a friend and went to a local vap shop and end up buying a GeekVape GBOX 200W, i tried it there with different liquids but end up choking with almost anything, and if i might add i was surprised since i though i would be able to handle it fine, but seem like like idk how to vape.

I bought a couple of 3mm liquids (dont remember the name, not with me atm), these where the ones i could do vape without chocking so easily, that said im thinking its more practice and thats something new for me, but im not too sure the 3mm was the right one to buy.

Thanks for any opinions or suggestions,

ilporcupine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
IL, Duh
I think you mean 3mg liquid. Are you using Temperature Control, or the Power (Wattage) mode?
Try to start at the lowest temperature or wattage that gives you some vapor, and work your way up to higher levels. Juices with higher nicotine and juices with higher amounts of PG are harsher, and can make you cough.3mg is about the lowest commerciallly made, I think. I run mine VERY cool, as I cough easily, even after 50 heavy years smoking.

Last edited:

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    F9ECE078-D809-4DD6-94F4-98137D51F30F.gif

Reactions: stols001

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Hello Abula and welcome. You literally have to learn how to vape. It is easier at first to hold the vapor in your mouth for a moment and then inhale. Slower short hits help as well. As you cough less and get used to it you can take lager longer hits, took me a couple days to not cough with most every pull. Gbox 200 may not be the best for a beginner but you can make it work if need be. Vaping is well worth the effort these first few days may take. Best of luck on your vaping journey.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Hi and welcome! When I was new I coughed a lot as I started out, my respiratory system was pretty shot when I got here. It gets better/easier as detox stops and some folks just cough their brains out for a while as they are getting rid of tar and etc.

I did find-- for me-- a more low power, high nicotine setup that delivered less vapor per puff was a great deal better and it's my preferred way to vape. It certainly isn't everyone's though so if you find that holding the vapor in your mouth at first then exhaling (nose and mouth) works better for at least some of the time as you get used to vaping, that's not a bad idea either.

Best of luck and welcome!

Anna

Reactions: SnapDragon NY
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread