Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Perhaps you just got a bad batch of coils? Your taste buds seemed to be fine until you changed that first coil, so that seems kind of weird it would be VT at that exact time. Your first coil tasted bad at the end , same as the other 2, so perhaps those are bad as well? You then used those coils in another tank, so i doubt your first tank is not wicking correctly.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Optimistic
Reactions: Letitia

Lucky Patrick

May 9, 2019
UPDATE 2:

Still nothing guys. Been basically a week now :(

Well... not exactly "nothing", i think i might be able to taste things a little bit better, but its inconsistent. Sometimes i get a better draw, sometimes not so much, but nothing like i know it should be.

And only with juices that have a really strong flavor/sugary composition to it.
Otherwise its almost like vaping unflavored. You can kinda feel what it should be like, but not really. Somewhat like if you dripped an unflavored after a flavored one and you can kinda feel the trace of it... know what i mean?

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed.

Bless yall

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
UPDATE 2:

Still nothing guys. Been basically a week now :(

Well... not exactly "nothing", i think i might be able to taste things a little bit better, but its inconsistent. Sometimes i get a better draw, sometimes not so much, but nothing like i know it should be.

And only with juices that have a really strong flavor/sugary composition to it.
Otherwise its almost like vaping unflavored. You can kinda feel what it should be like, but not really. Somewhat like if you dripped an unflavored after a flavored one and you can kinda feel the trace of it... know what i mean?

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed.

Bless yall

Just be patient.. it'll come back.. :)

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
When you up or down the power of the mod do you notice any difference in flavour? Keeping it within a safe range for the coil you are using?

If the tank cap is a srew-on, dont overtighten it. If first hits are good after sitting for a while the tank might not be breathing well while chain vapping it.

Good look ank keep calm

Lucky Patrick

May 9, 2019
When you up or down the power of the mod do you notice any difference in flavour? Keeping it within a safe range for the coil you are using?

If the tank cap is a srew-on, dont overtighten it. If first hits are good after sitting for a while the tank might not be breathing well while chain vapping it.

Good look ank keep calm
Yes i do notice...

If i put it on bypass (which heats the coil really hard and fast) there is definitely a difference, slightly more flavor, but not close to what it should be

The top cap does screw on top of the coil head indeed. Wont there be leaking if i leave it a bit loose? Im not putting extra pressure over when it locks, just sealing it until it locks slightly tight

Lucky Patrick

May 9, 2019
UPDATE 3:

Nothing so far. Been at least a week and 2 days. I decided i was going to avoid vaping for a couple days and didnt vape since sunday night until today (tuesday night).

But that didnt really work aside from the fact i could taste the first 3 draws a lot better because of how long the juice sat in the tank and was fully absorbed (i think).

But flavor dropped steeply after that, and its not like it was great from the beginning anyway.

Just to give you all an idea, when i vape, flavors that arent really menthol but have a bit of it in it, like fresh/cool/breeze stuff mixed with fruits, i can barely taste the fruit, i just get the menthol feel for the most part, which isnt even supposed to be the main/strongest flavor on the juice.

Oh well...

Lucky Patrick

May 9, 2019
Try putting a little ejuice on your finger and tasting it. That'll tell you whether it's the vape device or not, at least. If you can't taste it off your finger, you can be pretty sure it's something physiological.
Well yeah, i can taste a drop of juice on my tongue, but it is muted a bit. I dont have much experience tasting juice though, its not something i had done often before, just a few times, so im not sure if i think it feels like it should or not.

I didn't see it anywhere but what is your equipment, what coils do you have and what't the power rating on them.

I went through something similar when I came back to vaping. The Smok vape pen was great for some weeks but then it was a flavour desert.

Vaporesso Luxe mod with Skrr tank. Coilheads are the ones from vaporesso: QF meshed, 0.2 ohms. 50-80 watts (best at 65 to 75). All this is written on the coil itself.

Im vaping around 50-60 watts(65 or above vapor on throat and the kit itself gets too hot). VWN(variable wattage normal) mode. The rest of the options/configs for the mod are factory settings because i tried reseting to default just in case i had missclicked on anything playing with the menus.
Mod uses 2 bateries. 18650, 3000mah, 35A, 3.7V

Any considerations?

Ive seen some people say the flavor is a bit muted with this tank but it was delivering really well in the beginning, then the flavor slowly faded away and now its not coming back no matter what i do.... change coils, clean it completely, leave the top loosely screwed, etc...

Last edited:

RuiG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2019
Portugal
Well yeah, i can taste a drop of juice on my tongue, but it is muted a bit. I dont have much experience tasting juice though, its not something i had done often before, just a few times, so im not sure if i think it feels like it should or not.

Vaporesso Luxe mod with Skrr tank. Coilheads are the ones from vaporesso: QF meshed, 0.2 ohms. 50-80 watts (best at 65 to 75). All this is written on the coil itself.

Im vaping around 50-60 watts(65 or above vapor on throat and the kit itself gets too hot). VWN(variable wattage normal) mode. The rest of the options/configs for the mod are factory settings because i tried reseting to default just in case i had missclicked on anything playing with the menus.
Mod uses 2 bateries. 18650, 3000mah, 35A, 3.7V

Any considerations?

Ive seen some people say the flavor is a bit muted with this tank but it was delivering really well in the beginning, then the flavor slowly faded away and now its not coming back no matter what i do.... change coils, clean it completely, leave the top loosely screwed, etc...
My 2 cents with Vaporesso.

My Armour Pros have problems with the wattage modes. Normal wattage function I think is still dodgy and could be the same for the Luxe. Try setting it to Hard mode VWH or soft VWS. From what you describe as "hot" from the mod and vapor it seems there is something wrong there. That coil should handle the power well.

Also, turn off the auto functions as you easilly set them yourself and they use a chunk of battery.

Lucky Patrick

May 9, 2019
My 2 cents with Vaporesso.

My Armour Pros have problems with the wattage modes. Normal wattage function I think is still dodgy and could be the same for the Luxe. Try setting it to Hard mode VWH or soft VWS. From what you describe as "hot" from the mod and vapor it seems there is something wrong there. That coil should handle the power well.
Well, just to clarify, the kit gets hot if i chain vape.

The vapor, however, above 60 gets too hot for me off a cold kit right in the first draw. I dont enjoy hot smoke or vapor. Makes me cough.

I will try the other modes, altough i had tried the hard before and didnt notice much difference

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Well, just to clarify, the kit gets hot if i chain vape.

The vapor, however, above 60 gets too hot for me off a cold kit right in the first draw. I dont enjoy hot smoke or vapor. Makes me cough.

I will try the other modes, altough i had tried the hard before and didnt notice much difference
My Armour pro gets quite warm compared to other mods even at lower temps. Its a mod I want to like but between the heat and the short battery life with it I cant get on with it.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
When chain vaping turn the watts down a bit. All coils function better with a cool down. Also when chain vaping you are heating the entire tank of juice which affects flavor. I don't think the coils are the problem so much as you need more tanks to rotate through. Nothing wrong with chain vaping but you have to accept certain realities, constantly hot coils/juice reduces flavor. Pick up a couple more tanks and keep each loaded with a different flavor. It helps if at least one has a different flavor profile.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
When chain vaping turn the watts down a bit. All coils function better with a cool down. Also when chain vaping you are heating the entire tank of juice which affects flavor. I don't think the coils are the problem so much as you need more tanks to rotate through. Nothing wrong with chain vaping but you have to accept certain realities, constantly hot coils/juice reduces flavor. Pick up a couple more tanks and keep each loaded with a different flavor. It helps if at least one has a different flavor profile.

Heat diminishes taste sensitivity.

If I'd taken 3500 puffs on a burny coil/s, my taste buds would be a fried memory.

Once an atty gets burny it might take quite the effort to get the burny out.

Vary the chain not the recipe methinks. I find it best to chain mod pairs to avoid over-cooking.

My Momma once told me — If it hurts, don't do it.

Good luck. :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Heat diminishes taste sensitivity.

If I'd taken 3500 puffs on a burny coil/s, my taste buds would be a fried memory.

Vary the chain not the recipe methinks. I find it best to chain mod pairs to avoid over-cooking.

My Momma once told me — If it hurts, don't do it.

Good luck. :)
Multiple attys with a variety of flavors is very helpful staving off vt which most new vapers are prone to get. After the first year or so many will not get vt often. Since starting diy I've not been afflicted.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Just a few more thoughts...

I've always found fruit flavors taste best at lower wattages. They are relatively fragile and higher heat levels mute the flavor.

Not a fan of most e-liquids which add a hint of menthol to make the vape appear to be cooler. In my experience the adding of the menthol ruins the recipe and rarely if ever provides the experience promised.

I suggest that you try a MTL tank like the Innokin Zenith or Zlide. MTL tank and coils are designed to perform at lower wattage settings (8 - 12 watts). Some people, especially newcomers, find MTL tanks to provide better flavor, and I think that there may be some truth to that.

There other compatible coils for your tank that do not require such a high wattage setting. Maybe try those. They should provide a "cooler vape" and quite possibly better flavor.
  • GT CCELL(0.5Ω)

SS316
    25-35W

• GT CCELL2(0.3Ω)

SS316
    35-40W

I also agree with the others that using a variety of flavors help prevent vaper's tongue and using multiple tanks when you chain vape.

Last edited:

Lucky Patrick

May 9, 2019
Not a fan of most e-liquids which add a hint of menthol to make the vape appear to be cooler. In my experience the adding of the menthol ruins the recipe and rarely if ever provides the experience promised.
This. I felt the same about all the ones i tried.

I suggest that you try a MTL tank like the Innokin Zenith or Zlide
Ill consider that. What is the difference between the Zlide and the Zenith? Any preference?

I thought RDAs were the most sought out for flavor no?

There other compatible coils for your tank that do not require such a high wattage setting. Maybe try those. They should provide a "cooler vape" and quite possibly better flavor.
  • GT CCELL(0.5Ω)

SS316
    25-35W

• GT CCELL2(0.3Ω)

SS316
    35-40W

I think i have one of the GT CCELL. Ill try that and let you know.

You mean the tank entirely or just the coil? I havent heard of the whole atomizer getting "burny" yet, but im new to this.
If thats an actual thing then, what would "quite the effort" entail?

Reactions: Baditude

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
You mean the tank entirely or just the coil? I havent heard of the whole atomizer getting "burny" yet, but im new to this.
If thats an actual thing then, what would "quite the effort" entail?

Yeah, juices are quite sticky. When cooked (overheated, discolor) they def get stickier. And they seem to find every crevice and joint we just can't see. Burned taste is almost impossible to clear without a good cleaning. On that score I favor backing soda toothpaste and a good soft toothbrush. That includes clearing out drip tips and silicone seals, o-rings where gunk can really cling as more textured or porous a surface. A burned or singed note in a tank can overwhelm other flavors. But it does sound like you are having performance issues as well with your device, coil or perhaps mating between the two. Check that your connections are solid and the 510 on your mod clear of moisture. Wet contacts can cause inadequate performance of the coil (and the natural temptation is to up your power as output and flavor declines). In other words, you're cooking your juice rather than vaporizing adequately.

Sure you'll get it with all the good support here.

Good luck Pat. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What is the difference between the Zlide and the Zenith? Any preference?

I thought RDAs were the most sought out for flavor no?
I only have a Zenith. The Zenith can't be completely broken down to easily clean the inside, but how often do we need to do that? Not often. It also has a fluid control feature.

The Zlide was just recently released on the market, and allegedly is better and is less expensive than the Zenith. It can be broken down into many pieces for easier cleaning. It doesn't have fluid control.

I used to use rebuildable atomizers exclusively, but IMHO today's modern tanks and replacement coils come close, if not totally match, the flavor you can get with a rebuildable. I guess I got lazy having to replace the cotton wick in a RDA every 3 - 4 days. With a tank that takes replaceable coils, I don't have to replace anything for 2 - 4 weeks except the e-liquid.

Reactions: Lucky Patrick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread