another noobie here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

christianadivine

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
I've recently just got really interested into vaping (about a week ago) and have done as much research as I could possibly do. :p The whole reason for me considering vaping was actually forced upon me. The reason is because I start clinical rotations this week and I'm a respiratory therapy student so I obviously can't go to clinic smelling like cigarettes, I mean c'mon, the people I'm treating are people who have been smoking for years! So as an alternative I looked into e-cigs and I'm SO glad I did. I received my Joye 510 on Friday and haven't smoked an analog since then!

Like others, I find myself vaping more than I use to smoke probably because the harshness and taste that came with smoking is missing. =P The true test comes on Wednesday since that's when my first 12 hour clinic shift at the hospital will be.

I just wanted to thank everyone who contributes to this forum for all the priceless information! This was definitely my #1 resource when researching!

I've also let a few of my friends try my 510 and a couple of them actually asked for links to where I bought it from. I bought mine from cignot so I link them there but also link them here and HIGHLY recommend they do some research.

Anyway, sorry for the long essay, I just wanted to introduce myself and express how excited I am to be a noobie "vaper" instead of a "smoker". LOL. :D It kinda sucked to be a Respiratory Therapy Student who smoked, very contradicting. :p

finalthought83

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
virginia beach
thats awesome, Ive been talking to a member on here ( Bert ) who has been taking me step by step through my cart @ cignot, making sure I get everything I need .. I ended up going with the Joye eGo, cant wait :D
Dont get me wrong, cignot is great, i have ordered from them many times. But, i think with 4th of july going on there are great deals going on for a Joye eGo from other great suppliers. Leaves you more money room for ejuice.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Dont get me wrong, cignot is great, i have ordered from them many times. But, i think with 4th of july going on there are great deals going on for a Joye eGo from other great suppliers. Leaves you more money room for ejuice.

Haha , yea Im just gonna be looking forward to not spending $50/ week in smokes.. Hell, it almost paid for itself in one week.. But for sure if you see or hear any deals , let us noobs all know ;)

Sorry for jumpin in on your thread OP :)

christianadivine

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
@finalthought83: thank you! i don't know alot of vapers IRL so this forum is very helpful and it's motivating to read everyone's personal post about how they were able to stick to e-cigs. =]

@mj79: I know what you mean, not having to buy cartons or packs is awesome and this 20ml bottle of e-juice i bought is lasting pretty long! If it continues on like this, I will DEFINITELY be saving tons of money by converting to e-cigs. =D No problem about jumping on my thread, I'm a noobie too so anything about sales, etc. would be helpful to know. lol. XD

finalthought83

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2010
virginia beach
wow! that's really good! just curious, do you direct drip or do carts? :D i haven't quite figured what i like. i'm afraid of direct dripping right now because i only have VG e-juice (waiting on my order from viking vapor) and don't want to clog up my atty. :p
I have direct dripped since day one when i put those first 2 priming drops after blowing out the atty of its original juice. I tried dripping with vg but i dont like it, maybe im just doing it wrong but with vg after a few drags really starts bogging down my atties. I use Halo which is pg. flavor and vapor are great.

soulfuldaze

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
Utah
There is a good deal going with Tasty Vapor right now on Ego starter kits and their juice is top notch...IMO. It's convenient to get your supplies and juice from the same supplier, especially on a first order. When I started...I wanted it all...right now....in the same box!!

I am using Ego's and an Indulgence and have been vaping for over a year now. I started with a 401...went to a 901...then an 801...Jaunty Stick...and finally stuck with the 510. When the Ego came out....well...I had to upgrade. Then came the Indulgence....well...it's versatile and is compatible with all the gear I've collected so I have one. Eventually I suppose I'll find the perfect PV for me....but until then I am totally enjoying my vaping experience. I mostly use the Ego/Tornado/Riva/Volcano fat batts with low resistence 510 attys. I do use carts with a BFD mod or PTB mod. Vaping is wonderful....but it does take some adjusting to on the equipment. It doesn't bother me much since all the fiddling I do with them keeps me from vaping myself into oblivion. ;)

Shaka

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Honolulu, HI
...i'm afraid of direct dripping right now because i only have VG e-juice (waiting on my order from viking vapor) and don't want to clog up my atty...

Hi Chris!

Welcome aboard.

I drip almost exclusively, between 2-3 ml a day of 100% vg 25mg nic, and I haven't clogged an atty. In fact, they work as well as the 2nd day I've used them and hope to get 3 - 4 months use from them. Haven't used any of my spares yet.

If the vg you have is Cignot's Basic and ECOpure, they're very clean juices and you should not have any problems at all dripping. imo the juices that do the most clogging are the darker heavily flavored juices, whether pg or vg.

Just go for it...it won't clog your atties. Also, imo, stick with genuine Joye atties.

christianadivine

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
@finalthought83: i remember seeing halo's e-juice's mentioned. i'll have to look into trying their goods one day. :D

@soulfuldaze: thanks for sharing! i'll have to check out their e-juices then! as far as hardware goes, i think i should at least get a handle on the 510 i got before upgrading. lol. :D let's see if i can get this starter kit to last a decent amount of time. lol.

@shaka808: not sure if the e-juice i have is considered super dark or not but it's cignot's VG marlb (USA MIX) and it's kinda dark. i really just don't want to mess up an atty yet so just to be safe i'll wait till my order from viking vaper is here. lol. sorry for being so paranoid, just testing out in new waters. but once i get my e-juices in from viking vapor(hopefully some are light colored, lol) i'll definitely try out direct dripping and see which i personally prefer. =] thank you for the welcome and your tips! any suggestion on where to buy authentic joye 510 attys from for the cheapest?

@youthful313: thank you! i hope so too! :D

Shaka

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Honolulu, HI
any suggestion on where to buy authentic joye 510 attys from for the cheapest?

Hey Chis.

You're not paranoid at all. Just go at your own pace, and always have fun along the way.

Any supplier that sells genuine Joye pv's will sell the atties also... always higher than non-Joyes though. I don't shop around and get them from Cignot...like to know I'll get my order in 2-3 days here in HI. So don't know where's cheapest.

Cost is so relative. Some veterans get 4-6 months or more from their atties. With all I've learned here, I know I can get 3-4 months from ea. Compared to a pack of analogs a day @ $8/pk... even the highest priced atties are dirt cheap imo.

btw, I'm just passing on the wisdom of an ecf veteran who recommended genuine Joye atties, and so far so good.

also btw, cignot's marlb is not dark... some juices are almost opaque black.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread