Another reason to buy a Provari...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebabs

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
new jersey
After bragging the other day on the durability of the Provari, (2 years non stop use), the unthinkable happened....While I got into the bathtub, I placed the Provari upright on the edge of the tub and it promptly fell into the water....BUMMER.....I planned on having a nice vape in the tub......

I quickly unscrewed the bottom end and removed the battery and there was evidence of bath water in there....I used a blow dryer and thought I had it dried very well and installed a new battery with a fresh vivi nova....NO DICE.......I got every error in the book....E1 E2 and even the dreaded E4....E4 error means "send it back"....LOL

Then I remembered reading a long time ago that it might be saved by pouring alcohol in the tube.....Man, I had nothing to lose....Went to the medicine cabinet and got my plain old alcohol, kind you get in any drugstore, and "filled her up".......I poured it out after 10 seconds and let it sit.........After 10 more minutes I filled it again with alcohol and this time I used a blow dryer on the cool setting for about 10 minutes.....It looked dry in there now, Im getting psyched!!!

Round 2......Worked like a CHARM............:)

Now that's quality......

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
After bragging the other day on the durability of the Provari, (2 years non stop use), the unthinkable happened....While I got into the bathtub, I placed the Provari upright on the edge of the tub and it promptly fell into the water....BUMMER.....I planned on having a nice vape in the tub......

I quickly unscrewed the bottom end and removed the battery and there was evidence of bath water in there....I used a blow dryer and thought I had it dried very well and installed a new battery with a fresh vivi nova....NO DICE.......I got every error in the book....E1 E2 and even the dreaded E4....E4 error means "send it back"....LOL

Then I remembered reading a long time ago that it might be saved by pouring alcohol in the tube.....Man, I had nothing to lose....Went to the medicine cabinet and got my plain old alcohol, kind you get in any drugstore, and "filled her up".......I poured it out after 10 seconds and let it sit.........After 10 more minutes I filled it again with alcohol and this time I used a blow dryer on the cool setting for about 10 minutes.....It looked dry in there now, Im getting psyched!!!

Round 2......Worked like a CHARM............:)

Now that's quality......

Good for you!! Did the alcohol bath cloud up your window? I had problems with one of mine back last year and tried the alcohol bath... it left my window cloudy. I ended up sending it back and had it replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread