Crud. Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiahmae

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Michigan
First second time cleaning eGo-T atty and I think it's screwed up.

The first time I cleaned it, I soaked it in rubbing alcohol via the directions of a video - but that video said it needs to dry for 24 hours and I just didn't have that much time this time around.

I also do not have a back up atty. :(

This time, I did a quick alcohol soak (10 minutes of playing with it in the alcohol), then flushed with hot tap (shush, no car to get distilled) water for about 15 minutes. Blew out. Let a blow dryer run until the thing near burned my hands, then went 5 more minutes with the dryer. the whole time under the dryer, it was at one of the ends with the idea that the dryer would blow inside.

Primed with 5 drops which caused a light flooding, blew it out, and have been trying to vape from it since.

The taste was altered, flavor was low, but cloud production was fine. Now everything is less, including cloud production... Something's not quite right and I need some suggestions. It's my only atty and I'm in love with this unit... I also have a back up 808 but.... -whines- I miss my 510.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Don't use the water. I use straight alcohol and dry it out. Your blow dryer is probably fine just be careful of fire. I use a boot dryer on mine. They completely dry out in about a half hour. It's like a low heat hair drier with hoses on it. Either way it dries faster than water so why bother wasting you time with the water. Alcohol will evaporate fast.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
You will know it if there's any alcohol left it trust me on that. If it's feeling too hot after start up maybe your wicks a little dry. If you have a syringe u can drone a little juice on the wick. Good luck with it. Have you any extra atty's ? Mine haven't died yet in 2 months. But have heard of them diing. Hope it serves you as well as mine has me

Maiahmae

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Michigan
just directly dripped in some more juice. using a tank so in theory it should be sucking it down on it's own but with the extra drips, it's behaving better. Hm.... Wick too high/low? Looked fine like the video said it should be and even was a little tight. Already wiggled a hole at the side cuz drawing was difficult. Also, unscrewed it from the battery a little (i'm a tight screwer) with the idea that it needs more ventilation.

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
Some of my atty's are tighter than others. But if it's too tight there is a tiny little hole above the threads on the atty. You can us a bent steel tooth pick. Or maybe a real thin wire or paper clip and clean the hole. It may help. Some where there is a link to a video of where it is but I can't remember where it is.

Maiahmae

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2011
Michigan
Did as you said and poked a little in the bottom of the atomizer and VOILA! It finally works as it did three weeks ago -dances- thank you all so very much for your help. As you can see by my tag, I'm still really new and still getting the hang of all these gizmoes. next time I'll stick to the blow dryer and alcohol, but now I know how to disassemble and what it looks like so I can be more confident when troubleshooting having gunk on the wick ends and/or coil.

And yeah, it was pretty gunky thanks to my V4L Cafe Moca (icecream) addiction... it's a dark/sweet fluid... everything a atomizer hates.

+1 for you. :)

Last edited:

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
I've been boiling water in microwave (bout 1/2 cup)then pouring it in atty ...slowly till it all runs thru
wait a few mins till it cools off & blow out any remaining water ...then just priming ( i do few drops in wick & few on each side ...blow out excess) & insert tank & vape ... there really isn't any need to dry it, the wick is tiny . If you do this right b-4 bed just wait (put aside w/out tank on) & prime b-4 you use it in am.

If you have the wick out , you can use flame to burn gunk off wick too ...use pliers/tweezers just something to keep from burning yourself & hold in flame till wick goes back to white,then rinse or wipe off the ash & reinstall wick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread